PDA

View Full Version : HID conversions

Luke3120
21-10-2013, 06:28 PM
Hi guys just wondering I have the bog standard lights fitted to my a4 however I want to convert to HID without having to buy the Sline lights which cost a lot of money is there a way around it as I miss the brightness of HIDs hahah

Guest 2
21-10-2013, 06:29 PM
Please don't.

Fit OSRAM Nightbreaker or Philips Xtreme vision bulbs, this way you won't blind every oncoming driver.

M1tchy
21-10-2013, 06:32 PM
No way around it. If you do fit HIDs in standard reflector headlights I will recommend you are shot.

hejikibob
21-10-2013, 06:47 PM
Isn't it becoming (if not already) law that you don't fit HID lamps in Halogen reflectors? There are the HID bulbs that have a strip on them to mimic halogens but I think even they are dodgy.

Luke3120
21-10-2013, 08:35 PM
Ok that's fine I didn't mean to annoy anyone, what's the best way to brighten up my lights as standard just doesn't cut it do them strips mentioned before mean I have to seperate my headlight unit?

Guest 2
21-10-2013, 08:39 PM
Please don't.

Fit OSRAM Nightbreaker or Philips Xtreme vision bulbs, this way you won't blind every oncoming driver.

Ok that's fine I didn't mean to annoy anyone, what's the best way to brighten up my lights as standard just doesn't cut it do them strips mentioned before mean I have to seperate my headlight unit?

^^

fat controller
21-10-2013, 08:44 PM
Another vote for the Osram Nightbreakers - I fitted them to my Passat, which had crap lights as standard, and they made quite a remarkable difference.

Luke3120
21-10-2013, 08:46 PM
Thanks guys :)

DGTY
23-10-2013, 11:30 PM
I've always thought the lights on my a4 could be brighter so might give the Night Breakers a go. Am I right thinking you need two bulbs per headlight? I mean as in one for high beam and one for low? Also am I right thinking it's the H7 bulbs that are required?

andylef
24-10-2013, 02:18 PM
I've always thought the lights on my a4 could be brighter so might give the Night Breakers a go. Am I right thinking you need two bulbs per headlight? I mean as in one for high beam and one for low? Also am I right thinking it's the H7 bulbs that are required?
'bump' me to please - current set up is really quite dull on the road at night. I've trawled this web site and found how to change the headlight bulbs, but only found the HID transformer change (you Tube) nothing on a standard halogen light switch. is there anything different in getting the headlight box out? Might also do the halogen DRLs as well as an LED upgrade would be IMHO, better.

Guest 2
24-10-2013, 02:53 PM
I always thought my A6's halogens were dull so I got a full alignment done at Audi and make things a helluva lot better, same bugs just aligned correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk