PDA

View Full Version : Golf Mark 3 Lowering Problems

Alun
04-07-2006, 03:33 PM
Can anybody help? :confused:

I'm lowering my MK3 Golf but am a bit unsure about something. I've lowered the back, that was easy, now I've read that you need a special tool to remove the front springs from the strut. I originally couldn't find a spanner/socket to fit the bolts located in the engine bay, which is why I stopped. I then read in the Haynes Manual that I'll require a special tool to remove the spring.

Is this true or is there another way around it? I don't want to start removing the strut only to find that I can't get the spring off then have to put it back on again. And it's going to be a one off thing so if I was to buy an expensive "special tool" then I'd only use it the once.

If any VW mechanics or the like out there can shine any light on the subject it would be really helpfull.

Many thanks

Alun :1zhelp:

golfyjammer
18-07-2006, 06:42 PM
yes it is true, go to your local VW ***********, they will have the tool there, i dont think it will hurt your bank balance much.
or you could by this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-GOLF-AUDI-STRUT-TOOL-BRAND-NEW_W0QQitemZ290008542433QQihZ019QQcategoryZ9889QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem