PDA

View Full Version : SMS on A7

Wippa
20-10-2013, 10:41 AM
Hi All - I have a 63plate A7 with the tech pack. I can receive and reply to SMS with out any problems, but for some reason the car is retaining the SMS rather than the phone.I'm connected via rsap to a Samsung Galaxy s4. I've gone into the settings on the car and there's a tick box to store xx amount of messages. I've tried putting this on zero but it still happens, so when I leave the car, I leave the sms. Am i doing something stupidly wrong? I do want to send/recieve sms whilst in the car via the MMI, but I also want to store the sms on my phone. Any help would be appreciated or if you need more info just let me know. Thanks in advance.

Wippa
22-10-2013, 12:44 PM
PS The car is also holding the phone log - ie calls made and received during travel are not visible on my phone once Bluetooth is disconnected.

Guest 2
22-10-2013, 12:54 PM
When connected via rsap anything related to texts or calls will stay with the car and will not go on your phone.

Either change the mode on your phone to HFP and everything will stay on the phone or change your phone if you can't do that.

My Samsung runs via rsap and works the same way as your S.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wippa
22-10-2013, 01:07 PM
Hi All

I have a 63 plate A7 with tech pack fitted. I can receive and reply to SMS without any problems, the caris retaining the SMS rather than the phone. I'm connected via rsap to a SamsungGalaxy s4. I've gone into the settings on the car and there's a tick box tostore xx amount of messages. I've tried putting this on zero but it stillhappens, so when I leave the car, I lose the sms from my phone. Am i doingsomething stupidly wrong? I do want to send/recieve sms whilst in the car viathe MMI, but I also want to store the sms on my phone. The car is also holdingthe phone log - .ie. calls made and received during travel are not visible onmy phone once Bluetooth is disconnected.

Any tech guys there with suggestions?

Wippa
22-10-2013, 01:14 PM
Thanks Chris - I assume by HFP you mean hands free profile? Does this change or lose any functionality? (i'll give it a go anyway to be honest)

I moved to the Samsung instead of Iphone because i couldn't get rsap on apple. I checked ahead of the purchase to see if the Sammy was ok, which it was, but didn't read anywhere that the activity is retained on the phone or a fix to correct that.

M1tchy
22-10-2013, 05:44 PM
mmmmmm, interesting. How do you do the SMS? Ive not even seen an option for it.

Wippa
22-10-2013, 09:11 PM
I've not had a car with it before, so can only assume it comes with the rsap connection via the mobile. Some mobiles have the facility, some don't. You can check Audi's webbie for the list that they've tested (http://microsites.audi.com/ngw_assets/mobile_db/index.html?ds=json_en).

silo24
23-10-2013, 12:32 PM
mmmmmm, interesting. How do you do the SMS? Ive not even seen an option for it.

When in the TEL menu, once your phone is connected via RSAP, you should see Text Message as an option for the bottom left hand button if your phone supports it.

I use a Galaxy S4 and have no issue. The fact that the messages are not synced back to the phone is a bit irritating, but the benefit of not losing coverage and dropping calls when driving far outweigh that inconvenience.

Also, it's worth making sure that whilst your phone is in RSAP mode that you connect to the car's WLAN interface, that way emails can still be delivered over wifi from the car's shared data connection.

One more...if you use Google Maps for the satnav, make sure your data allowance is sufficient! I used 400mb in under 2 weeks so changed my plan!

M1tchy
24-10-2013, 06:32 PM
Ahhhh, thats the problem. I have an iPhone and they dont support RSAP.