PDA

View Full Version : First fill up

M1tchy
17-10-2013, 10:07 PM
On the way back home tonight, the car beeped telling me it needed fuel, I had enough to finish my journey so cracked on and filled up at my local Tesco. It cost £96 and the last LED (the red one) had only just come on! I was £3 away from it cutting off as it only gave me a £99 limit. Going to be interesting when its really low! I do have the big 75l tank option so I suppose its my fault! The computer now says I will get 490 miles from a full tank! I hope that gets better as the engine beds in.

Adrian James
17-10-2013, 10:26 PM
exciting times ahead :biglaugh:

razor77
17-10-2013, 11:08 PM
That's all I am getting too. I have also found on average, measured by fuel in and miles driven, I get an avg 27mpg. 90% of my covered 1600 or so miles are with the family, so not very spirited drives. What I can say, I do lots of short drives on b roads and no regular commutes. My A1 gets upwards of 50MPG. Now when I switched to Shell VPower I got an extra 4MPG out of the A1 and I felt the difference. So in the A6 I am only putting in premium diesel. Today I did get 39.5MPG on a run I normally only get 24, it was over 9miles the car was warm and I drove it in 'efficiency', it was hard trying to drive like an angel and even then I noticed that sublimely disguised acceleration eating away at a figure that was near 50MPG during the first 4 miles.