PDA

View Full Version : VW QUALITY

qedge
04-07-2006, 01:56 PM
Bought a brand new Polo E in 2002 having been attracted to the make by their reputation for build quality and reliability.

Three faults became apparent on picking the car up: loose driver's seat, faulty electric-mirror switch and badly fitted door trim. The problems were EVENTUALLY sorted after wading through the incompetence and apathy of the dealer service centre. I was told that as the switch was not a stock item, a new one would be made in Germany specially for me - how's that for service!?

To cut a very long story short further problems have included a broken suspension spring, defective injector coils, replacement shock absorbers, anti-roll bar bushes and faulty abs module! These were fixed under warranty but I contacted VW customer service and asked for a free extension to the manufacturer's warranty. This seemed a reasonable request given the shoddy nature of the car. The customer service rep stated that the number and nature of problems I'd experienced with the car were not unreasonable, refused my request and presented me with a cheque for £50 against the cost of service or repairs at a VW dealer! The arrogance of this company beggars belief.

Now the car is out of warranty, it's letting rain water in like a sieve and stinks like a stagnant pond!

VW - Never again! :zx11: