PDA

View Full Version : Optional extras review - Corner view camera

M1tchy
16-10-2013, 06:52 PM
Well, I selected pretty much every single option going on my new A7 so thought I would review some of the optional extras.

One of the late options I chose, and had to change my order for, was the rear view camera with corner view. So far, I have found it fantastic. The rear view camera engages when you select reverse and automatically switches to the forward facing camera if you change to "drive". There are 4 modes in total, front, front left and right, rear and rear left and right. All you need to do when pulling out of a tight spot is switch on the left and right view cameras after nudging a tiny bit of your front or rear out and it gives a perfect view of the road. The camera that gives the left and right view is the same that gives either the front or rear view (BMWs have a separate camera for each view) but it must have a really wide angle lens and it is really clear too. The front and rear modes have "dynamic guide lines" which move with the steering wheel to show the path the car with take with that level of steering wheel lock, making it really easy to park.

All in all, its a great option and glad i chose it. Im sure it will come in handy at some point in a tight multi-story car park too.