PDA

View Full Version : audi a4 blended advice please

harj81
16-10-2013, 09:35 AM
Some of you may recall a recent post I posted with reference to my car going in for repair after an accident and an issue I was having, the whole thing has left me suspicious and unsure re the work done on my car and I was hoping for some advice, may make a complaint but want to try and establish the facts 1st.
The accident caused damage to the driver’s door, front wing, sill and rear door. Unrelated to the accident the car had a scratch on the rear quarter panel and a scuff on the front bumper (same side). While the car was in the garage I asked for the additional things to be looked at as I thought it would be pointless for the car to spend so much time (6 weeks) in a body shop and still come back with scratches. I paid £520 approx. for the additional work.
Having looked at the reports from the engineer they have stated that blending would be needed to match new and repaired areas, in addition later comments also state “they also required a little more time for the door repairs and also they had to blend into the rear quarter panel”
I was hoping someone with the knowledge in this area could let me know that if the sill, front wing, front and rear door required repair and re-spray what areas of the car would have needed to be blended? How much area is covered in blending? Would blending cover a scratch which was passed the NAIL test over 75% of it?
Does the fact that the garage has listed “o/s quarter glass bond kit” as one of the required parts give anything away about how much area should have been sprayed?
Thanks in advance for your help.
p.s. as I’m not in a vehicle specific section the car is a 2009, Audi a4 saloon