PDA

View Full Version : Your Mission Should You Choose To Accept It

DSG4ME
12-10-2013, 11:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=XAYhNHhxN0A

Ok here's what I'd like you to do if you drive a 2.0 DSG B7 (no B6's please) before you set off reset the mpg and ave mph counters and be on a drive or drive about for at least 5 miles 20+ is better,

Then post them like this

Journey Urban,Mix,Motorway 90%, simply pick the one that best describes your journey, and miles covered,

MPG = ???

MPH = ???

Environment, busy city lots of lights and crawl, fast country road, fast motorway, jammed motorway, again select the best one to describe how the road was,

So here's the table, just cut n paste and add your figures

JOU =

MLS =

ENV =

MPG =

MPH =

BHP =

YEAR =

Saloon or Estate

Thanks for your assistance, this thread will self destruct when VWAF eventually closes for the last time :D

cruise control
14-10-2013, 09:04 PM
MPG = ???

MPH = ???

Environment, busy city lots of lights and crawl, fast country road, fast motorway, jammed motorway, again select the best one to describe how the road was,

So here's the table, just cut n paste and add your figures

JOU =Motorway 90%

MLS =572

ENV =fast motorway and some fast a roads

MPG =67.2

MPH =66

BHP =140

YEAR =2011

Estate

Weekend tripto St ives Cornwall, not much traffic early morning drive down friday morning. late night drive back last night. load 2 adults small tent 2 mountain bikes (Not on the roof). cruise control used most of the motorway set to 70-72. right foot on the A roads..

hope these figs help with your research. take no notice of the Passat details listed in my signature not got round to putting in the new one... a job for tonight

DSG4ME
20-10-2013, 11:23 PM
Anyone else guy's, the more the merrier.

Doctle Odd
20-10-2013, 11:51 PM
You're in the early stages of buying a B7 aren't you? :drive:

WAYLON JENNINGS - I'LL GO BACK HER 1976 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWdBrKhuoCs)

DSG4ME
21-10-2013, 02:05 AM
You're in the early stages of buying a B7 aren't you? :drive:

WAYLON JENNINGS - I'LL GO BACK HER 1976 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWdBrKhuoCs)

I nearly bought one last week, however I don't really want to but it was a bit of a needs must thing until I worked out the extra money to buy and the extra maintenance required like DSG service, oil consumption and potential DMF as it gets higher miles added to it,

The B8 is due next year so maybe I'll have a look at one of them in 2 years time,

If I'm honest I look at the inside of a B7 and I don't nor never have liked it, the dash is too bland and empty, my B6 had the saving grace of good looking seats being a Sport but the one I was looking at is an S model and I really hate bottom spec cars from anybody, right now I have an eye pleasing comfortable car and other than mpg urban there is nothing I'd want to swap it for anyway, the sums totaled up at £1300 to change (it's a bit more than that but I've got some depreciation money stacked away) but I'd be £1300 out for a like for like age car, that over 3 years (lifespan I run a car for) stacks up to £8.50p pw and the *potential* saving is £20 - £26pw if the car returns 40mpg @ 13mph average, it's more like an £18pw save minus the £8.50 and the balance divided by 5 or 6 days is so negligible it's not worth the hassle, plus I'd be a Nav unit and cruise control out as well and that's before the multi adjustable ultra comfy seats the SRi has, I sat in a mates Mondeo tonight, he's scored a 58 plate 90k Zetec (with a towbar :1zhelp: for free) for £4100, he's happy and insisted I have a sit in it (you try telling an Eastern European you don't need to sit in it :D) well! the seat is like a park bench, the car made me feel like the meat in the sandwich where the seat and the roof don't have a lot between them, no comfort at all, I didn't tell him that because one I am very fond of him and two I could see how pleased he was with it but it's one car I'd never feel comfortable in and they feel so heavy to drive, if I got rid of this car it would be a repeat of when I had to shift my V6 Omega years ago for a Vectra B 2.0 DTi LS because the stork had delivered a couple of times, boy was that some demotion, it paid handsome in the pocket but money isn't everything when it comes to inner gratification,

I've a feeling in my town the B7 2.0 DSG will return around 36-38 on the urban and that's what I'm trying to find out, trouble is not many folks will replicate my use pattern and will also show better returns due to their use patterns which won't include a 20 yard move up stop start with a 3 mile trip once every 50 minutes (that's on a busy day btw) average is more like 70 minutes and then once rolling a constant 1-2-3-4-3-2-3-2-1-2-3-2-3-2-3 shift pattern as numpty after numpty either slows up for no reason or walks out infront of me, Hell on Tarmac :aargh4: