PDA

View Full Version : LED interior lights

M1tchy
12-10-2013, 10:16 PM
Well seems the A7 doesn't come with interior LED lights even though other brands of car in this price range do! Anyone know how to replace the interior bulbs? I can get the vanity mirror bulbs out but no idea on the centre consoles in the front and rear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

@mark
13-10-2013, 09:56 AM
Well seems the A7 doesn't come with interior LED lights even though other brands of car in this price range do! Anyone know how to replace the interior bulbs? I can get the vanity mirror bulbs out but no idea on the centre consoles in the front and rear.

Oddly mine does but the S7 I borrowed over the weekend clearly had a whole new new design around the interior lights.

Did you specify the ambient lighting option?

tazman007
15-10-2013, 08:21 AM

I replaced my front and rear bulbs with LEDs. They were just normal 501 w5w type bulbs. You need a couple of plastic 'unclipping' tools and carefully prise out the plastic trim working your way around, you'll get a feel for where the clips are. Just take your time the first time you do it and both the front and rear trims will clip out.

M1tchy
16-10-2013, 09:59 AM
Brilliant, thanks. All done now apart from one festoon bulb for the drivers side vanity mirror which will hopefully be here today. Looks so much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

razor77
17-10-2013, 10:12 AM
Brilliant, thanks. All done now apart from one festoon bulb for the drivers side vanity mirror which will hopefully be here today. Looks so much better.

My A1 has clear lens covers over the LED lights, but in the A6, which I presume is identical to the A7 they are not clear. I think this style with the clear lens looks a lot cleaner... Hey ho, think I will also try to source some LED replacements.

M1tchy
17-10-2013, 10:18 AM
That looks quite smart. Yes the A7s light covers are not clear, they are pretty much a frosted white. I don't think the clear lens would suit the A7.

M1tchy
17-10-2013, 11:26 AM
All done, my last bulb turned up today and I fitted it easily. I think the only halogen bulbs left on my car are the reverse lights?

@mark
17-10-2013, 01:51 PM
All done, my last bulb turned up today and I fitted it easily. I think the only halogen bulbs left on my car are the reverse lights?

According to the manual, the only non LED lights are the all weather light (fog light) or turning light, turn signal and number plate bulb. The rest are LED (except the xenon bulbs of course)

M1tchy
17-10-2013, 03:49 PM
Ah, I've got the all LED headlights.

@mark
17-10-2013, 04:07 PM
Ah, I've got the all LED headlights.

Have you had chance to compare them against normal Xenon lights (assuming your last car had xenon lights of course)?

M1tchy
17-10-2013, 08:30 PM
Yes I have mate, my last car was an Inshitnia (or Insignia as the salesman called it!!) and the wife currently has an A5 with adaptive xenons, so can compare them fairly well......I hope. I have found that the xenons have more range and dont seem to be cut off as sharply as the LED lights. However the LEDs are definitely a lot whiter and notabley brighter too. Everything the LEDs illuminate is equally lit with a brilliant white light where as the Xenon's seem to have a few spots brighter than others. When the LEDs jump up to motorway light, the range is perfect for dark country roads but the speed is too high, cut the speed and the lights drop again - a loose loose situation! On full beam, there is no difference between Xenon and LED, they both are fantastically bright and the high beam assist has no notable difference either - its probably the same sensor/software.

LED do look amazing though and I have noticed alot of people having a good look! ;-)