PDA

View Full Version : K Line problem with both radio + rns-e

slippyr4
09-10-2013, 09:29 PM
Hi all,

Posting this here because I don't think it's a VCDS problem.

I recently bought my car, and it came with a concert II+. However it turned out that the radio is faulty, in particular the CD player doesn't work.

When scanning the car with VCDS, the radio (channel 56) was conspicuous by it's absence - VCDS failed to connect and it was as if no radio was fitted. Test interface in VCDS shows K1 and K2 ok. CAN infotainment seems to work because the radio station is displayed in the DIS and the steering wheel controls work.

I put the issue down to the radio being faulty, and I've now bought an RNS-E to replace it. Installed the RNS-E ok, and it works, however again VCDS won't connect to channel 56 radio and also channel 37 navigation.

The K-line was in the correct pin on the Concert II+ and i've moved it to it's correct new location on the RNS-E.

I'm concluding that there is something wrong with the K2 line. From the ross tech wiki it looks like the RNS-E is the only device in my car on K2 so i'm not sure exactly where the problem can lie.

I can't find the wiring diagram describing the K2 line in Etka. The K-line in the OBD socket goes to the instruments, so I presume that K2 comes from there - but I've not been able to find it on the wiring diagrams.

Any tips on how I might go about solving this would be much appreciated.

thanks

slip

NHN
10-10-2013, 01:36 AM
Is it a genuine vcds cable?

slippyr4
10-10-2013, 07:28 PM
Is it a genuine vcds cable?

Yes, I believe so. Scans done at local garage I'm friendly with.

do you think it might be the cable therefore?

NHN
10-10-2013, 09:19 PM
Need to discount the cable as an issue 1st, so 1st ask him if its genuine, if not then test on a genuine cable, if genuine then test on another car of the same network topology, as in kline with radio/nav, I havnt had any issues with any cables I've sold.