PDA

View Full Version : MMI update ?

brido
06-09-2007, 01:28 PM
got any ideas how to update the mmi revision on a 55 plate A6...think its done through the cd autochanger...upgraded to the 2007 sat nav dvd with no problems

brido
17-02-2008, 12:44 AM
Asked my dealer about this ..was told that upgrades are only carried out to the MMI if there is some problem relating to system firmware..& no you can't ask to have it done....

Well as luck would have it my 55 plate 2.0TDI S Line Avant had a battery discharge fault ( 1amp/hour !!!)...was only cured when they upgraded the system firmware...I now have the latest MMI software ( with the red & white welcome screen instead of the older orangey purpley version )

dave9_3
17-02-2008, 09:06 PM
got any ideas how to update the mmi revision on a 55 plate A6...think its done through the cd autochanger...upgraded to the 2007 sat nav dvd with no problems

Take a look here there are loads of posts on this very subject.

http://www.navplus.us/

Maxie500
22-02-2008, 09:59 AM
I have an '06 A6 Avant 2.0TDI S-Line. Had my MMI updated by these guys at the same time as a new Sat Nav DVD, Bluetooth and IPOD upgrade. Never missed a beat and he's very knowledgable.

http://www.tclsatnav.com/

brido
22-02-2008, 03:21 PM
did these guys update your existing factory fitted bluetooth or install new bluetooth ?

Maxie500
24-02-2008, 12:03 PM
They installed a 3rd party Blutooth unit as I already had the relevant buttons on MMI, but no factory fitted options.

Thanks

ajg617
22-11-2014, 12:59 AM
Asked my dealer about this ..was told that upgrades are only carried out to the MMI if there is some problem relating to system firmware..& no you can't ask to have it done....

Well as luck would have it my 55 plate 2.0TDI S Line Avant had a battery discharge fault ( 1amp/hour !!!)...was only cured when they upgraded the system firmware...I now have the latest MMI software ( with the red & white welcome screen instead of the older orangey purpley version )
When the Amp died on my Avant due to the rear windshield washer line leak problem, Audi updated my MMI to 46.something which at the time (last year) was the most recent. Unfortunately, I'm still suffering from the radio spontaneously turning itself on and it's happening more frequently.

careless_adi
22-11-2014, 01:52 PM
I got these guys to do my update to the latest version when I bought my AMI from them. I had to have it done as the MMI wouldn't recognise the AMI otherwise. It took about an hour and they used disc 1 and 3 - not disc 2 as I have the factory Bluetooth handsfree kit fitted.

SatNavSystems (http://www.satnavsystems.com/main/)

Really friendly guys and I would certainly use them again, even though they're a bit far from me. Oh and they used official Audi discs too.

ajg617
22-11-2014, 02:30 PM
Yeah, I'd like the AMI. I talked with the parts guy at Audi and it can be retrofitted into the 2006 model year. But I'm not going that route at Audi prices. Anyone know what the latest SW version actually is?
Thanks,
AJG

B5NUT
22-11-2014, 04:26 PM
5570 was the final firmware version for MMI 2G. AMI is a simple DIY job, check this link out. VW AUDI Forum - VWAF (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?131030-Audi-Music-Interface-AMI-retrofit-MMI-2G-HIGH)

careless_adi
22-11-2014, 11:11 PM
Yeah, I'd like the AMI. I talked with the parts guy at Audi and it can be retrofitted into the 2006 model year. But I'm not going that route at Audi prices. Anyone know what the latest SW version actually is?
Thanks,
AJG

I got my AMI from Satnavsystems (the link from my previous post) for £280. It's an easy swap if you want to replace your disc changer. If you want to keep both you might have to cut out a hole for the back of the wires in the 2nd compartment, unless your glove box is the different shape already.

I did look into 3rd party systems, but after buying one, having it fitted and then going to Audi to remove the component protection, it wasn't worth it.

Bear in mind though, the AMI pauses 1-2 seconds between songs. No idea on any other system.

B5NUT
23-11-2014, 11:34 PM
I did look into 3rd party systems, but after buying one, having it fitted and then going to Audi to remove the component protection, it wasn't worth it.

AMI does not have component protection.