PDA

View Full Version : my 50th birtday present

arctic blue
06-09-2007, 12:32 AM
hello people,
went into dealers couple of months ago, there's a passat staring me in the face.
i saw it, i wanted one. iwas in lurve! this'll be a nice 50th birtdy present ' i thought.

sat 1st septemer, 0930 took touran to dealers, 1030 new passat on my drive. YESSS! :D
2.0l se tdi dsg, arctic blue,( wouldn't yer know)
couple of extra's- front/rear parking sensors,wood trim, climatronic dual zone
17" alloys, heated front window/mirrors , seats.
this car is ( in my opinion) the dogs *******s.
autohold is ace , no more h/brake footbrake + throttle combos on hills or pulling into traffic. technology triumphs.
the downside (yep ,one) sorry vw. boot release on fob. messing in front glove box bending down, boot opens.thought it was missus opening boot. nope key was caught by mobile,cash, other object , in pocket.
another occasion, locked car, got 100 mtrs or so away, just happened to look back and boot was open. gotta have you wits about you here.:o

vw, you need some ort of shield/lock so as its not quite so easy to accidentaly open boot, though the theory is brill. i'll still give you 11/10 for this car.

i'm more than pleased with this car+ if i get as much pleasure as with the touran i'll be happy.

well, what a crackin 50th birtday present.:D:D. and it's not till march 2008:biglaugh:

:outtahere

thanks to mark harris at willenhall coachcraft, for his help and advice, making everything run smooth and to plan with my purchase. thorougly nice bloke.
and to the dealership as a whole, a pleasant experience from sales to service to parts dept.

LuvWatch
06-09-2007, 06:41 PM
Happy Birthday, and congratulations on your new Passat :beerchug:

I've had my new 2.0 fsi (200ps) for about 6 weeks and it still makes me smile whenever I get in it :D

I don't have to think about putting the lights on or the wipers, as its an auto it almost drives itself - it's pretty quick too.

I have the auto boot release and never accidentally opened it , though I have nearly taken the dogs head off when closing the boot using the close button - it takes quite an effort to stop it mid-way.

Regards
Derek

gazza007
07-09-2007, 12:51 PM
Happy Birthday, Had my 2006 Passat nearly 3 weeks now & it gets better by the day. DSG/Autohold is fantastic. Gave an Audi TT a good run for his money off the lights the other day.!!!!

Black
08-09-2007, 09:54 PM
Autohold and manual is very good except for low speed manouvering, damm thing keeps putting itself on during reverxe parks and I think I have hit the car behind!

arctic blue
08-09-2007, 10:20 PM
i find it better to take off auto hold when parking and just use natural creep of the dsg box and the footbrake gives better control when parking, otherwise, as you say, it can suddenly shoot forward or back