PDA

View Full Version : BIG thanks to NHN

Avidfanofstuff
28-09-2013, 06:32 PM
Hey folks

I don't normally post this sort of thing but as I am a great believer in credit where credit is due I am making an exception.

About six months ago I started looking for a Cruise Control and Bluetooth solution for my Audi A4 B8. I work in engineering and I was all up for going down the DIY route. However, after not being able to obtain enough confidence with ordering the correct parts from a well known auction site (and having concerns over warranty etc) I contacted NHN (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/member.php?180739-NHN).

Nigel attended my home today to install OEM Bluetooth and Cruise Control. They both work flawlessly and I am very happy with the entire experience. There was one tiny hiccup when Nigel was demonstrating the system to me... He had noticed that he had dropped a tiny, tiny piece of wire installation on the carpet of the car which he promptly picked up! Seriously though, I have come from a QA background and I thought my attention to detail was amazing... Like I said credit where credit is due, Nigel is top notch IMO and will be using him in future for all my retrofits.

Seriously the whole process start to finish was professional and effortless.

Here are some pics of the finished product...

Avidfanofstuff <----- Very happy :D

Guest 2
28-09-2013, 06:46 PM
Super job indeed, always glad to hear good sponsor feedback ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigslope
30-09-2013, 11:00 AM
Do you know if it was a Fiscon kit or similar for the bluetooth or full oem refit?
I want the option on my car but in N Ireland I don't think Nigel would travel this far !!!

Avidfanofstuff
30-09-2013, 11:46 AM
Do you know if it was a Fiscon kit or similar for the bluetooth or full oem refit?
I want the option on my car but in N Ireland I don't think Nigel would travel this far !!!

Hi mate.

Full genuine Audi retrofit as I had heard horror stories about other non-oem kits. It's working flawlessly, perfect sound quality and syncs contacts from my phone very quickly.

Antowens
01-10-2013, 06:01 AM
My dad is looking to have bluetooth retroffited into his audi as the car he bought never come with it, if you dont mind me asking how much would did this cost to install and how easy or hard is it
thanks

Avidfanofstuff
01-10-2013, 07:21 AM
My dad is looking to have bluetooth retroffited into his audi as the car he bought never come with it, if you dont mind me asking how much would did this cost to install and how easy or hard is it
thanks

I'm sure the cost would vary depending on the model/year of the car. Drop NHN (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/member.php?180739-NHN) a PM with the vehicle details (I supplied pics of the car + chassis number) and I am sure he would be happy to quote. IMO his prices are very reasonable given the level of service he offers.

As for how easy/hard... All I had to do was make a few cups of tea for Nigel while he did all the hard work.

bigslope
01-10-2013, 10:38 AM
I must pm him too as i want it fitted too