PDA

View Full Version : Question Turbo faulty? Garage are saying different....help!

Nudger1973
26-09-2013, 06:13 AM
Help please! Had new turbo fitted to 57 plate A4 avant 4 months ago by local garage. Last week whilst driving red oil pressure light came on and power lost. Limped into nearest garage and they diagnosed the turbo was knackered (not what I was expecting to hear). Contacted the garage who fitted and drove car to them. After 2 days they call to say the oil pump has gone which has caused the turbo to fail and basically said there is nothing they can do. The garage who diagnosed turbo fault state that this is not possible as car could not be driven without oil pump working. Am at stalemate with garage who fitted and facing possible huge bill to put right there work. Any thoughts please!!!

Doctle Odd
26-09-2013, 08:03 AM
What's your engine code? How far did you drive with the oil pressure light on? Was there clouds of black smoke? If you drove the car with the oil pressure light glowing I'm afraid it could be argued you were at fault. Did the garage that diagnosed the blown turbo add oil? Does the turbo look new? I'd have thought 75-100 yards would be very good with no oil pressure

Alan02
27-09-2013, 10:20 PM
You state oil light came on.....then lost power. I am inclined to agree with garage saying pump failed causing turbo to fail.....hense your loss of power after the red light. The turbo will fail quickly without supply of oil pressure.

Ed_430
29-09-2013, 02:15 PM
Thanks Alan