PDA

View Full Version : Screen size

A1287210
24-09-2013, 06:53 PM
Thanks for all you help on the last issue as you can probably gather looking to buy two year old less than 40k miles hopefully for less than £30k. I am surprised how many on auto trader have a small screen really disappointing when looking at the a8 for same kind of money all the bells and whistles downside is that no one knows you drive an a8 as it looks exactly the same as other models. Screen size is important esp as you look at the 5 series which has a massive screen. If it's going to have all the theatre of popping up what a disappointment if it has loads of plastic edges round the screen. If I wanted practicality audi I would buy an a6 and save the money!!!

Sent from my iPhone
Superb 170 cr estate

Goncalo Proenca
22-10-2013, 04:32 PM
Thanks for all you help on the last issue as you can probably gather looking to buy two year old less than 40k miles hopefully for less than £30k. I am surprised how many on auto trader have a small screen really disappointing when looking at the a8 for same kind of money all the bells and whistles downside is that no one knows you drive an a8 as it looks exactly the same as other models. Screen size is important esp as you look at the 5 series which has a massive screen. If it's going to have all the theatre of popping up what a disappointment if it has loads of plastic edges round the screen. If I wanted practicality audi I would buy an a6 and save the money!!!

Sent from my iPhone
Superb 170 cr estate

I understand you perfectly. I was also looking to buy a BMW 5 Touring estate and I was shocked to find quite a few with low extras. I found one, which was imported from Germany ( 2011 model, so current facelift ) that had ZERO extras.

Zero.

Cloth Seats, simple air acon, manual gearbox.

My soon-to-be-A7 has a few extras,but I also found a couple very very low on extras - I dont understand why. And screen size is "in-your-face", right on the place where you spend most of your time : inside the car ! I didnt find any A7 here with small screen but when I was looking for 520&525D's, I found quite a few with small screen size and looks just stupid.

passman
22-10-2013, 06:43 PM
I have my A7 for three weeks now and do not find the screen obtrusive or in your face. HUD is brilliant as we'll?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Goncalo Proenca
22-10-2013, 06:46 PM
I have my A7 for three weeks now and do not find the screen obtrusive or in your face. HUD is brilliant as we'll?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Sorry my bad - English isnt my first language, so expect sometimes... humm.. rather Lost in translation :)

anyhow, I didnt meant it "in your face" as a bad thing, but as one of the most visible things on that dashboard. saving a few for speccing it on the cheaper side, when its one of the most predominant and "awe factor" thing in the cabin, is just plain stupid imho.

silo24
23-10-2013, 12:34 PM
Sorry my bad - English isnt my first language, so expect sometimes... humm.. rather Lost in translation :)

anyhow, I didnt meant it "in your face" as a bad thing, but as one of the most visible things on that dashboard. saving a few for speccing it on the cheaper side, when its one of the most predominant and "awe factor" thing in the cabin, is just plain stupid imho.

I agree, if it is to be loud and proud on the dashboard, it needs to look GOOD and the smaller screen does let it down a little.