PDA

View Full Version : Random alarm

Phil155
03-07-2006, 03:23 PM
On Saturday morning my alarm started sounding for no aparent reason. I turned it off, after 30 seconds it sounded again, this continued for about 10 minutes much to my neighbours disgust! (and my wife's who i'd put in charge off pressing the button while i was on the phone!!!)I spoke to the dealer and he told me to remove fuse 14 as a short term cure.This now leaves me with no interior lights, electric windows or remote locking.This seems to be a 'standard fault on Passat's, surely the dealers or VW should do any repairs FOC as this is clearly a manufacturing fault..... In the mean time what should i look at? where is ccm?

glynnd
03-07-2006, 03:40 PM
Convenience control unit is located in the passenger footwell. Pull back the carpet to expose, you do not need to remove the seat but, suggest you remove the side trim to make things easier.If you have water coming in expect to find some rusty wiring

:biglaugh:

Phil155
03-07-2006, 03:57 PM
Thanks Glynn, do you think there is any mileage in contacting VW with regard to them contributing towards repair cost, as this seem to be an inherent fault with the cars judging by the number of posts on various forums?:aargh4:

glynnd
03-07-2006, 09:05 PM
You could try. Vw may offer around 30% dependant on the mileage and history. It would probably fall on deaf ears if you can put it down to the pollen filter though. Good luck

:biglaugh: