PDA

View Full Version : Just got a A4 Avant today but have issues

richp1970
22-09-2013, 08:03 PM
Hi all, this is my first time on the forum.
Today I got a 55 plate 2.0L TDI s-line avant and I have a few issue's that Im hoping you guy's can shed some light on.
Firstly, the drivers side heating works fine but the passenger side is permanently running hot ?
Secondly, my tailgate is showing open on the centre display but have opened and shut it but still there ?
Apart from these issues im very happy with the car, but im going to give it a dam good service this week.
Any suggestions welcome :notworthy

Regards
Rich

Guest 2
22-09-2013, 08:09 PM
Welcome to VWAF!

I think the heater motor flap has stuck and throwing out hot air. A diagnostic tool such as vcds can reset this and hopefully cure the fault. If you have a look here VWAF User Location Map - VCDS - Google Maps (http://goo.gl/maps/0Shx) you can see if anyone is near you with the kit to do it for a few beer tokens. If you see someone near, let me know and I will bring their attention to this thread as you dont have enough posts to PM yet.

Re the boot, could be a micro switch gone in the boot catch itself, I think this us a common problem and a new boot catch solves it. Vcds could tell you what's wrong too.