PDA

View Full Version : Question Strange noise rubbing from gearbox - Golf Plus DSG 1.4 TSI - 2008

Big John
21-09-2013, 02:26 PM
Hello, I have a strange noise that seems to come from the gearbox/transmission when crawling in traffic or slowly stop start. The noise can only be heared in the cabin.

When the car is cold there is no noise, I can drive it for 15mins and when I pull up and drive slowly because of traffic or negotiating a carpark every thing is fine:confused:.

If I stop the engine, hop out say for 10 to 30mins and startup put into D and drive slowly away I can hear what I can only be described as a rubbing noise (no metalic noise) this increases up to 5/10mph and then goes away, if I then slow down I can then hear the rubbing noise. The engine revs and rubbing noise are linked but do not go at the same speed if that makes any sense. :1zhelp:

Apart from this the DSG gearbox performs without any hitch. If I turn the radio on the noise cannot be heard.

I have booked into my local VW garage where the car is serviced for a tester to come out and hear the noise. I have subscribed to the full extended warranty every year but I am sure they will try and get out of any responsibility if the gearbox is at fault:aargh4:

All suggestions welcome.

John

PajeroGolf
09-06-2015, 09:20 PM
Hi big john

did you find what was the cause of the noise. I think I have the same issue with my golf plus dsg.
would be good to know what it is.
thanx

paj