PDA

View Full Version : the A7 is an amazing car

Adrian James
19-09-2013, 10:48 PM
just come back from a 2 week cruise and took the both manuals with me for a good read and indeed it was, this is probably the first time i have ever read these back to front but i am glad i did. i have a few toys on my and reading on how these and the rest of the cars works is fascinating and impressive. I am a software tech by trade and the work that it must have taken to get these cars to this stage of development is brilliant.
now i cant wait to try all my new knowledge out on the car itself, before i forgot everything i have read. well done Audi :biglaugh:

Pbro
24-09-2013, 08:08 AM
Does air suspension really add that much on a SE ? Is it worth paying the extra and bothering with on SE spec , rather than S-line?

Open question not just to the OP.

@mark
24-09-2013, 11:52 AM
Does air suspension really add that much on a SE ? Is it worth paying the extra and bothering with on SE spec , rather than S-line?

Open question not just to the OP.

I have driven both

My own car is an SE on 18" rims with standard springs and at no point do I find it wanting. If is a very comfortable ride and soaks up the worst that UK roads can throw at it.

As an observation, the rim size can makes as much of a difference as suspension when it comes to comfort. I am sure if I put on 21" rims on my car the ride would be uncomfortably hard

At no point on my car no matter how I drive it do I wish I had the air suspension

Pbro
24-09-2013, 01:46 PM
I have driven both

My own car is an SE on 18" rims with standard springs and at no point do I find it wanting. If is a very comfortable ride and soaks up the worst that UK roads can throw at it.

As an observation, the rim size can makes as much of a difference as suspension when it comes to comfort. I am sure if I put on 21" rims on my car the ride would be uncomfortably hard

At no point on my car no matter how I drive it do I wish I had the air suspension

Ok thanks. I liked the look of 10 single spoke 19" alloys on the SE that I test drove this weekend. But I imagine there wouldn't be that much drop in the ride quality.

I have also noted that there are a few SE cars with 20 inch 10 double/parallel spoke alloys , I would have to draw the line at those myself.

Is yours Quattro by any chance ?

@mark
24-09-2013, 02:31 PM
Is yours Quattro by any chance ?

Yes it is :D

Pbro
25-09-2013, 10:12 PM
Are there any reliability surveys on the a7 ? I was wondering how they fare ?

jk88
26-09-2013, 06:58 AM
mine's reliable :D

shabazmo
26-09-2013, 10:56 AM
very reliable except for squeeks and vibrations which should be sorted out under warranty

@mark
26-09-2013, 11:06 AM
Well it's never broken down however under warranty my dealer has:

Replaced the dash panel (the speedo and rev counter bit)
Replaced the head up display
Replaced the drivers seat frame
Replaced the NSR seatbelt buckle
Replaced the front centre speaker grill

All due to squeaks or rattles

In it's first 12 months the car has probably spent about 6 weeks off the road at the dealer mainly due to stock availability issues from Audi. To be fair I have always been in a good loan car and with the miles I drive, that's not always a bad thing. Indeed I managed to put over 2000 miles on one of the loaners.

But it has never broken down and I have to admit being really picky when it comes to cabin noises

Adrian James
26-09-2013, 11:29 AM
only had mine 4 weeks now and no squeaks or rattles, must be the lucky one there. this is my 4th Audi and they have always been 100% reliable.

Pbro
26-09-2013, 01:00 PM
When I enquired about an approved used a7 , they said they offer an additional 2 yr extension onto the existing 1 yr warranty for about £900.

I am not sure if it is the same as the factory warranty or inferior.

Adrian James
26-09-2013, 02:11 PM
i have been made the same offer to make mine a 5 year warranty, its run by Audi themselves (the one that i was offered was) and i think that i will take it. mainly because of all of the tecno bits on the car. but haven't completely made my mind up yet.

@mark
26-09-2013, 02:18 PM
i have been made the same offer to make mine a 5 year warranty, its run by Audi themselves (the one that i was offered was) and i think that i will take it. mainly because of all of the tecno bits on the car. but haven't completely made my mind up yet.

I'm of the same view.

Whilst the cars are reliable, they are so complex that if something did go wrong, the cost would be huge so if I keep the car that long (and my dealer is really trying hard to get me into a new Bi-Turbo) I will be looking at taking out the extended warranty

shabazmo
26-09-2013, 08:55 PM
I would checj what the warranty covers first. If it is the full waranty then that seems good.