PDA

View Full Version : Question numerous faults with 2.0tdi a4 2008

tomcarroll
19-09-2013, 06:07 PM
Hi All I'm having a few problems with my Audi that has been bulletproof since I've had it. 1. the boot wont open, when I press the fob the lights flash on.

I have been told its probably the lock mechanism inside, but is there anything else that could cause it i.e. is there a fuse or relay for it. Also is there a manual way of opening the boot. I have looked through the back seats and cant see any panels that I can access to open the boot, there's also no key hole on the outside of the boot which would allow me to open it. I have also tried to open the boot using the switch on the drivers door.

2. I had a message last week on the screen next to the speedometer stating that my oil was low and to fill with 1litre, I done that and the message still came up, the next day I put in another litre of oil but the message still showed up.

I checked the dipstick and this shows the oil is too the max, I have spotted a small oil leak on the engine also. A friend of mine said that there is a sensor at the bottom of the sump that maybe be faulty and causing the message to stay, is that true? and are they easy to replace, expensive?

My friend also said that the small oil leak was ok and that these engines are known for having small oil leaks, again is that true? I found that statement a bit odd that an oil leak was ok.

3. My right rear indicator light has turned on and wont turn off, it doesn't flash it just stays on, this fault occurred today. Any help and advice on these faults would be amazing even knowledge of the parts you think I would need and general costs would be helpful.

Kindest Regards

Guest 2
19-09-2013, 06:11 PM
Okay so for the boot you will need a fault code scan whether to see if its the catch or a relay etc.

Re the oil, again a fault scan would show if the sensor has packed in or if anything else has failed.

Take the cluster out and check for corrosion on the bulb ends, contact points and on the bulb holder in general.

Make sure you get it scanned with VCDS or Audi as most non VAG code readers won't pick everything up, have a look here VWAF User Location Map - VCDS - Google Maps (http://goo.gl/maps/0Shx) if there is anyone near from the forum who is local and who could help.

tomcarroll
19-09-2013, 06:20 PM
thanks for the quick reply chris, My friend did put it on the computer but no faults come up, but I don't think it was a vcds, again not sure what that is. I checked your location map, which I think is an amazing thing you have done and a glen40 is very close to me, what do I do for him to look at it for me, is he a garage owner? will it be expensive?

tomcarroll
19-09-2013, 06:21 PM
Also is there a manual way of opening the boot for my car?

Guest 2
19-09-2013, 06:22 PM
He's just a normal member on the forum who is willing to help, Sponsors are shown on the map by a purple icon.

I can PM him and bring his attention to this tread and get him to send you a mobile number or email address if you wish?

tomcarroll
19-09-2013, 06:31 PM
Thanks Chris, My contact details are Tom Carroll . With my indicator problem I don't think I can get to the bulbs until I get the boot open

Guest 2
19-09-2013, 06:44 PM
Thanks Tom, I will pass these on and you can take your number out of your post ;)

Yeah oops that's right, boot first then clusters :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tomcarroll
20-09-2013, 07:54 PM
Does anyone know how to open the boot manually, I can get access through the back seats?

Guest 2
20-09-2013, 08:14 PM
Does anyone know how to open the boot manually, I can get access through the back seats?

If the A4 is anything like the A6 Tom, then you only manually open the boot if you have an Avant. Did you have a look in the owners book?

Have messaged Glen - slipped my mind last night, sorry.

tomcarroll
30-09-2013, 10:21 PM
Hi all, Still haven't resolved this boot issue, can anyone tell me if the boot of an Audi a4 2008 can be opened manually. Regards Tom

tomcarroll
21-10-2013, 11:44 AM
Hi all, still can't get this boot open. Has anyone else had this issue. It's an audi a4 2.0tdi 2008. Any help is much appreciated.