PDA

View Full Version : Rattles!

kabooooooom
19-09-2013, 01:07 PM
I recently bought a highline estate that was pre-registered. Was initially elated with it but got it home only to notice three small dents in the bonnet. I didn't notice them when I picked the car up in bright sunlight but in duller conditions they stood out like a sore thumb. Anyway, the dealer booked the car in for repair and when I took it in I highlighted an annoying rattle from near the glove box/speaker area. When I picked the car up the following day (luckily dents were repairable by the clever men with bent metal) the dealer said the rattle had been the air vent which was replaced, but I should let the car bed in before judging on the success of the fix. I have no idea how much undoing/doing was involved in fitting the new air vent but all I can say is that this and a new rattle from the front somewhere (sounds like from the radio area) are driving me nuts. I probably ought to book the car in again but can't face the inconvenience for a few weeks so will have to turn the radio up!

Have any of you had similar experiences on rattles?
Bl**dy annoying on a top of the range car.

DSG4ME
24-09-2013, 12:08 PM
Pick the radio trim off and tighten the 4 torx holding the radio in, then open the glovebox and do the same to the three torx at the top edge and the others in the lower side of the glovebox, hth.

BenR
10-11-2013, 06:08 PM
See the thread above about creaky steering columns.