PDA

View Full Version : Winter Tyre Reviews

tyremen
13-09-2013, 09:45 AM
Hi all,

As another winter season approaches I hope I can be of help with any winter tyre queries. I'll ensure to check in daily to get through as many questions as possible.

I wanted to let you know about a new site/blog that we've set up that might be of interest to you guys as it’s coming into winter and you should be considering winter tyres. Don't worry I'm not trying to sell you anything, there is nothing to buy through the site, no advertising... just plenty of talk about winter tyres.

Winter tyre reviews is unique in that it combines our experience, customer feedback and tyre test report data. We’ve covered most of the main products on the market at the moment, we haven't wrote about every single tyre as I'd be an old man by the time we finished but I think we've got all the good ones covered.

We could really use your help too, if you've used winter tyres I'd love it if you could leave a review. Your input would be greatly appreciated and will aid people in making informed decisions about a product that can be rather costly.

Thanks again,

Andy

http://wintertyrereviews.co.uk/ (http://wintertyrereviews.co.uk/)

zollaf
13-09-2013, 09:55 AM
i am about to fit some avon ice touring's, probably next week, so will be in a position to say if they are any good. i love avons and usually run zv5's. yes they wear out quicker than some but the grip is phenomenal so hoping the winters will be great.

tyremen
13-09-2013, 10:11 AM
Mornings, to be honest I don't usually rate Avon but my colleague ended up using the Ice Touring winter tyre and got on with them very well. They worked great in the snow and year round offered excellent wet weather performance. However they didn't last very well, they did under 10,000 miles and were shot, however that was using them year round. Phill

zollaf
13-09-2013, 07:59 PM
i get through the zv5's in 8k on my coupe and 10 on the avant. i know other tyres will last longer and over the 20 years i have been driving i have tried just about everything and thats why i stick with the avon's. i don't do a high mileage these days, roughly 10k, but they stick to the road like glue, even in the wet, like no other tyre i have ever used. i have hit 6'' of standing water at about 50 mph o them thinking i was about to meet my maker and they never faultered, just cut through it and gripped.

turpal
13-09-2013, 11:56 PM
I had a good results from Bridgestone Blizzak LN25 and probably a little less from Michelin Alpin as winter tyres on my B6 passat,had those as 2nd hand with about 5.5mm and lasted about 20,000.As for all season Michelin Pilot HP had a good grip in the wet and dry and lifetime was fantastic.I have Avon ZZ3 on my 270bhp car and they have a great grip in wet and dry,best value for the money if you want a grip but not sure about the lifetime yet.