PDA

View Full Version : Electric window problem Mk V Golf

dekerfintheshed
04-09-2007, 08:11 PM
First post so be gentle, drivers' side electric window, when I'm stationary, if I "wind" the window up, it stops just before the top and winds itself back down halfway. Dealer checked it under warranty and said it was ok... Anyone else have this problem ?

Jackjack
04-09-2007, 11:45 PM
Sorry.

But if you can show your dealer it happenning then he can't truthfully say it's ok. I take it the problem is intermittent?

Does the window stop and wind back if you block it from rising? Newer cars sense the increase in motor power demand if something is blocking it (like your arm).

It might just be some obscure fault that happens when some random event causes electronic noise - hard to find, prob why your dealer would rather look the other way.

Paul_mkV_golf
23-09-2007, 04:36 PM
First post so be gentle, drivers' side electric window, when I'm stationary, if I "wind" the window up, it stops just before the top and winds itself back down halfway. Dealer checked it under warranty and said it was ok... Anyone else have this problem ?

I had a similar problem with my MK5 golf. If I pulled the switch to have the window come all the way back up it would end up going all the way back down. Took many visits to the dealer to eventually get it sorted, in which time they changed the motor, switches... the list goes on.

After the final 'fix' I dragged the mechanic out to show that his handiwork still hadn't fixed the problem. It turned out that all it needed was for the door 'skin' to be removed & have something done to it- apparently the window was sensing too much friction when going up so it was dropping back down. Worked perfectly ever since!

Hope this helps

ddealmei
21-01-2008, 12:37 PM
Thanks I have the same problem.. they said nothing wrong with it the first time.. now back for the second time as Im determined to get them to fix it.

bobster107
08-10-2008, 10:13 PM
I have this problem on drivers window. When you motor the window down half way and try and one shot it up, it morors down! Also does it using the remote role back function. I think its the controller, i have booked it in the VW dealers so will keep you posted.

Paul_mkV_golf
08-10-2008, 10:49 PM
I have this problem on drivers window. When you motor the window down half way and try and one shot it up, it morors down! Also does it using the remote role back function. I think its the controller, i have booked it in the VW dealers so will keep you posted.

Hopefully it'll be a quick fix for you. Mine had numerous motors and at least one control unit replaced before it was suggested that the door skins were causing too much friction and causing the window to roll back down as a safety mechanism. If they don't fix it first time suggest they take a look at the door skin & hopefully get it sorted out for you a lot quicker.

Mine has been fine since!

Paul

swm1982
08-10-2008, 11:39 PM
I had the exact same problem with my Mk5 GT TDI. The window would close but then open again halfway.

Try running a cloth with some soap or washing liquid around the inside of the door trim where the window slides shut. There may be something stuck in there which is obstructing the window mechanism and causing the window to open automatically.

Sounds strange but it worked for me.

mickybouy
07-11-2008, 06:30 PM
hi, this is my 1st entry. my wife parked the car in driveway, when i got in the car later found drivers and passengers windows halfway down, and it had been raining. i swore it was my wifes fault.i now have to appolygise:(

weiser
20-04-2012, 10:29 AM
i have the same problem, and will try to clean where the window shut,
thanks

richard@thebrae
22-04-2012, 09:42 AM
hi, this is my 1st entry. my wife parked the car in driveway, when i got in the car later found drivers and passengers windows halfway down, and it had been raining. i swore it was my wifes fault.i now have to appolygise:(
There may be another explanation for you. Same thing happened to me twice within 1st month of ownership, the second time i saw it happen and it was caused when i knelt down to look at my daughter's rabbit. Cause was the key fob being pressed within my pocket. When you press the unlock button for several seconds the windows come down.

weiser
23-04-2012, 07:20 AM
everything solved , just disconnect the battery for 5 minutes and everything fine, thanks. :)

supatan
28-05-2012, 01:25 PM
This happens to me as well..I'm just used to it now

golf144
05-06-2012, 06:47 PM
What you need to do is sync. your windows.

1) Disconnect Battery leave for 15 mins & reconnect.

2) Turn on ignition, Do Not Start Car.

3) Lower 1st Window all the way down & then up all the way. Do this on all the others. (One at a time)

4) Turn off ignition.

5) Start car as normal.

Windows are now sync'd (no more spurious opening etc.)

Hope this helps