PDA

View Full Version : Question Telephone in Phaeton

fotoLibrarian
10-09-2013, 02:44 PM
Just collected my new (to me) V10 Phaeton. It has an elderly Nokia handset built in, so I put an O2 SIM card in it. Nothing happens. Should it? Am I missing something blindingly obvious, just like the built-in TV is analogue and we only broadcast digital nowadays?

Dozz
13-09-2013, 11:12 PM
Digital tunner upgrade available. The Phone system in the car is a bit hit or miss. Your probably better off buying a Parrot system for the car.

fotoLibrarian
14-09-2013, 04:06 PM
Thanks Dozz. I've tried an O2 and a T-Mobile SIM card without any luck. Looks like I'll just have to use my iPhone instead.

neilngs
02-10-2013, 12:04 AM
I tried a couple of different sim cards in mine - The Orange and O2 didnt work but the Vodaphone one worked fine. I just set my Iphone to call forwarding to recieve calls in the car

fotoLibrarian
02-10-2013, 10:23 AM
Thanks neilngs, I'll buy one this morning and report back.

fotoLibrarian
02-10-2013, 12:37 PM
OK, I inserted a £10 Vodafone SIM card and the Nokia in-car phone says 'No network available'. The car is currently on top of a hill in North London and I'm getting 5 dots on my iPhone.

fotoLibrarian
03-10-2013, 12:11 PM
I take it all back. I left it for 24 hours, picked up the phone and it works. At least it can make and receive calls, which I guess is about the limit of its functionality, given the technology of the time. Nevertheless I'm thrilled. My wife can now sit in the car and say "Sorry, he's on the other line."

fotoLibrarian
17-10-2013, 01:29 PM
I can report that the £10 Vodafone SIM card also works in France, Benelux and Germany, and can receive and display text messages (and presumably send them, tho I wouldn't care to spend time typing them in).