PDA

View Full Version : A6 c7 owners reviews

M1tchy
08-09-2013, 12:43 PM
I started this thread over in the A7 part of the forum and its going well so thought I'd start it off I here too...

After many months of searching I found very little in the way of consolidated owners reviews for the A7 which I've just ordered, so have started this thread. It worked very well on other forums for cars ive had in the past and hope it works as well here. Basically just copy and paste the headings below into your reply and then write a little bit for each heading. If it turns out really well like on other forums it could become a sticky for each model throughout the forum?

Model, spec and colour you ordered

Dealer service

Options you ordered

Handling and MPG

Faults or problems

Best bit

Worst bit

Anything else

And a photo!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ukgroucho
08-09-2013, 11:58 PM
OK I'll start the ball rolling on this cos I think it could be a very worthwhile venture (thanks Mr 1tchy ;))

A6 allroad BiTdi Quattro. Glacier white.

Dealer service
excellent. Stratford Audi (listers) ... Been dealing with these guys for 20 years or so, initially getting my company Audi 80 2.0 petrol serviced, then an A4 avant 1.9Tdi that I had as a company car for 3 years and then purchased and ran for 8 or 9 years and 168k. Bought an A2 1.4 Tdi from them (Mrs ukgroucho's). Then my C6 A6 3.0 TDi Quattro avant SE, then ... after much deliberation.. An A1 1.6 Tdi Sport with a load of toys for Mrs ukgroucho (she loved the A2 and struggled to find an alternative...kept it for 8 years), and then the allroad. They have looked after us for servicing thru various minor dramas (mouse ate the fuel tank on the A2 etc.) AND they cut me a great deal on the allroad.

Options you ordered
Sports front seats, 4 zone climate control, tech pack (upgraded nav, DIS etc. parking system plus, audi mmi connect stuff), heated seats front and rear, adaptive xenons, power tailgate and DAB, lighting pack, 75l fuel tank

Handling and MPG
Very variable handling depending on the drive select setting. Auto is great but sometimes you find it has not adapted to your move to more spirited driving quickly enough. If you want to press on the go for dynamic and click back to non sports mode to save a little fuel unless you really ARE pressing on. Comfort mode definitely makes life nicer on long motorway trips but a bit wobbly on windy roads for my liking... And also based on feedback from Mrs ukgroucho... Recent trip to Devon and she felt uncomfortable when I was really not pushing hard but in comfort mode, switched to dynamic and all was good. In general it reminds you it is a big and heavy car but behaves very well... Part of the challenge is that speed is very very deceptive, it is very easy to arrive at a corner going much quicker than you expected cos it revs so low at stupid fast speeds.

MPG... Still waiting for the full figures but since new (only done just under 2700 miles) average is 35 and a bit, on the Devon runs and a run to north Wales a couple of weeks ago 41 / 42 mpg. Devon runs were fully loade .. 2 people but heavy duty camping gear (car loaded). Overall at least 10% better than my old c6 and WAY more performance.

Faults or problem
None... Early days but I am hopeful :)

Best bit
BiTdi engine performance and sound.
build quality and cabin feel.. Even better than my c6 (which was great even after 8 years)
technology... Sat nav is SO much better than old car, adaptive xenons and all the fripperies with illuminating your turn in etc (still have not figured out what lights it uses to light up the turn in)

Worst bit
Nothing major... Gearbox maybe. Baffles me that it can do super quick silky smooth changes when you are pressing on and yet the drop into second can be a bit clunky sometimes when trundling around, and it sometimes takes a little while to make up its mind when you stick your boot down. Not a show stopper but a minor blemish.

Anything else
love it! Definitely the best car I have ever owned and definitely a one car does all solution.

And a photo!

Photos added as attachments

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

4 Rings
09-09-2013, 11:54 AM
Ok, probably a good first post........

A6 Black Edition 3.0 Bi Turbo. Havana Black.

Dealer service

Stafford Audi. Great service, been using them for years now.

Options you ordered

Panoramic Roof. Tech pack Advanced . 360 camera. 75ltr Tank. Advanced Key with Hands free Boot. Heads up Display. S Line Sports suspension. 4 Zone aircon. Ambient Lighting. Heated seats

Handling and MPG

Not sure yet, only picked the car up last Thursday, but the mpg looks to be better than I expected as the engine is still tight and being run in :p
Faults or problems

As above
Best bit

The engine, and its sound, and the technology in the gadgets

Worst bit

Nothing yet

Anything else

And a photo!

Will post up when the weather improves and we have taken some.

jbaker
09-09-2013, 01:54 PM
A6 Saloon, 3L 245PS Quattro, Daytona Pearlescent Grey

Dealer service
Swindon Audi....will never go there again. Purchased car from Newbury Audi

Options you ordered
Storage Pack
Tech Pack
Sound proofing with privacy glass

Handling and MPG
Fun...when in Dynamic + Sports. Sedate and calm when in Economy mode. Fun=29 MPG Average Economy=40-44 MPG (

Faults or problems
Stone chips :(. Glass is very easily scratched.

Best bit
Grip and power and engine noise outside car. Quiet noise levels inside car.

Worst bit
Keeping it clean, and the stone chips.

Anything else
Wife now wants an A3. I now want a 2014 A8