PDA

View Full Version : Hud

M1tchy
07-09-2013, 06:29 PM
Does anyone have the HUD option and be willing to share a photo of how it looks in real life? I've seen the HUD on my dads Prius (albeit not from the driving seat) and just wondered how it actually looks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

@mark
08-09-2013, 01:04 PM
Does anyone have the HUD option and be willing to share a photo of how it looks in real life? I've seen the HUD on my dads Prius (albeit not from the driving seat) and just wondered how it actually looks.

Here you go

http://photos.markroddis.com/Trips/Prague-March-2013/i-t6mCT9z/0/XL/IMG_0284-XL.jpg

You do get navigation information and cruise information as well but not all the time and of course, it's almost impossible to get a photo of that as you are concentrating on the approaching roundabout etc

M1tchy
08-09-2013, 06:10 PM
Awesome, thank you very much. I will try and find a link to the photos I'd seen and why I was so dubious about getting it as an option but I think I will be happy with it now, thanks.

@mark
08-09-2013, 06:41 PM
Awesome, thank you very much. I will try and find a link to the photos I'd seen and why I was so dubious about getting it as an option but I think I will be happy with it now, thanks.

This is quite a good shot too (found online). What it shows really depends on what options your car has (night vision, adaptive cruise, speed limit notification etc etc etc)

What were you expecting?

M1tchy
08-09-2013, 07:25 PM
This is similar to what I'd found and what made me think it would obstruct my view...

http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-2011/a/2011-Audi-A7-Sportback-Dashboard-2-1920x1440.jpg

It shows a full square of info which is what I was concerned about.

@mark
08-09-2013, 08:20 PM
So you can select what is shown and what isn't but under normal driving conditions only the speed is shown.

Cruise is only shown for a few moments when you set it or change it and directions are only shown when something is approaching

It really is unintrusive in use and worth every penny

M1tchy
09-09-2013, 10:49 AM
Brilliant, thanks. I've updated the picture showing what I'd found online and why I thought it would get in the way. It's clearly nothing like that so think I will be happy with it. Thanks for the replies