PDA

View Full Version : New Avant and thoughts on dealership

boom1
06-09-2013, 08:33 PM
After reading eob's thread I couldn't help but share a couple of pics and thoughts on my new Avant.
I picked my car up from Wolverhampton Audi on Sunday, and have been grinning ever since.
Spec is Black Ed 3.0TDI Quattro with sports diff/drive select, Daytona grey, RS6 alloys and alcantara.
The 3.0TDI is just amazing, my old B8 was a Black Ed 2.0TFSI Quattro, so was no slouch, but this is just in a different league. The power delivery is just so smooth. Not sure whether its due to the V6 or difference in sound proofing in the facelift B8 but is so much quieter in comparison to my old petrol B8.
The sports diff is as good as I was hoping it would be, best £600 I've spent. The handling is so much better than the standard Quattro, you can feel it pushing you around the corners, daring you to go faster and faster:D
The facelift B8 looks a lot nicer than my old BE. The dials and switches seems a lot higher quality, rear diffuser black now instead of grey, grill looks a lot nicer.
The pics are pre (rear pre, before de-badging, front post detailing) and post detailing done by Russ at Midlands Car Care, full decontamination, polish, then CQuartz Finest to bodywork, DLUX to engine bay, alloys and trims, and Nanolex to glass. Again money very well spent. The amount of heads that have turned has been amazing!
Car was bought through DtD and Wolverhampton were excellent, let me play about with the controls etc for an hour or two before signing on the dotted line. The detailer had found a scratch of one of the alloys and was expecting the dealer to say 'well, the car has been out of our hands for 2 days, jog on!'. They were incredibly apologetic, tried to find a new alloy for me there and then but there weren't any on any of the cars in the dealership. It is now being refurbed (with an extended warranty on it) at a local dealer who owed them a favour. The dealer in question is a BMW bodyshop!!!
They also brimmed the tank for me and threw in a couple of litres of oil. I am so impressed with the service received there, its just a shame that they are 150 miles away.

zollaf
06-09-2013, 08:46 PM
very very nice. you must be very proud.

Guest 2
06-09-2013, 09:31 PM
Very nice indeed. I'm a sucker for the B8 Avant! :(

boom1
06-09-2013, 10:02 PM
very very nice. you must be very proud.

You make it sound like a baby!
In reality it is so much better!;) (lack of any paternal instinct is what made me able to afford it)