PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth multiple phone link...?

glen_a4turbo
06-09-2013, 06:46 PM
Is it possible to link more than 1 phone at one point as the salesman seemed to think so when he was running through with all it can do.

the reason I ask is I have a personal phone which I also use for music and a work phone. It would be nice to use both like I did in my old VW CC.

any ideas?

Guest 2
06-09-2013, 06:58 PM
Both for calls? I'm not sure thats possible.

You could get music out of your personal phone by using the Music Interface and connect your work phone via BT?

Did you try connecting both?

glen_a4turbo
06-09-2013, 07:05 PM
Yea but like you would expect. It just kicks the other phone out. It don't help I've got a silly Nokia Lumia and not an iPhone. thank god my contract is up in October. Just in time to get the 5S and use the link cable.

I have the blue iPhone one and the USB one with the car can I use these with the iPhone lightning connector and will it work the way it is meant too.

mjhamilton
06-09-2013, 07:11 PM
BT is a peer to peer service - one customer at the time

As above connect the music device via cable and the phone via BT

Unless Audi have done something cutting edge and new by fitting two separate BT adaptors or fitting a full duplex capable module (unlikely from what I have seen of their existing stuff)

Guest 2
06-09-2013, 07:11 PM
Yep the lightening connector is compatible with AMI.

My A3 and A6 can only support one phone at a time, pretty pants when I have both phones in the car with me!

glen_a4turbo
06-09-2013, 07:32 PM
I had it easy with the CC as I had one on a Parrot BT system and one via 3.5mm Jack with the audio connection through the head unit...

If I can use the ami for my music and BT for my calls. I will be a happy man...!

Guest 2
06-09-2013, 07:37 PM
Do you not have an aux in the A3 under the armrest anywhere?

M1tchy
06-09-2013, 07:41 PM
Poss slightly off topic, but does Audi have a lightening cable of their own now or do you still need to buy apples converter?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mjhamilton
06-09-2013, 07:44 PM
I just bough a lightening hot shoe for my B6 phone cradle so yes they are now coming out ;)

Guest 2
06-09-2013, 07:53 PM
Poss slightly off topic, but does Audi have a lightening cable of their own now or do you still need to buy apples converter?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Nope they still haven't released a AMI->Lightening :( I'm due an upgrade some time soon and won't be able to use my AMI without an adapter if I get a 5 or even 5S :)

glen_a4turbo
06-09-2013, 08:09 PM
Do you not have an aux in the A3 under the armrest anywhere?

Not that I can see. I didn't go for the phone box and all I can see its the AMI in.

Guest 2
06-09-2013, 09:12 PM
If you select Media, then press source what options appear?

Do you have the SD card slots in your glovebox?

I could've swore that the 2013 Sport I had on loan had an AUX with no-nav.

Current brochure doesn't mention AUX anywhere so maybe it was never an option!