PDA

View Full Version : Turbo replacement

mbectb
06-09-2013, 10:33 AM
Hi im looking to swap my old turbo which is borgwarner kkk with garrett gtb1756vk there is different connection on both of them garrett is 5 pin and kkk is 4 pin connector i know i will have to rewire it and p7t new wiring to ecu but maybe somebody already did such swap and can advise me if this will work.

Regards

sent from sgs4 using tapatalk

adamss24
07-09-2013, 08:30 AM
It will need more than just a re-wire. KKK actuators are different from the Hella actuators and you might need to replace engine wiring loom, manifolds and ECU + a shed load of sensors ! What are you trying to achieve ? If it's more power then i suggest you fit a hybrid or another kkk turbo altogether, it might be easier to keep your kkk actuator and just modify the turbo to suit !

mbectb
07-09-2013, 09:44 PM
My old turbo just fails and i purchased brand new garrett very cheap i do have schematic of the wiring and i know is completely different as vdo actuator has dc motor controller built in and hella doesn't the trouble is im not certain if ecu will support this garrett as some circuitry may be missing inside ecu.

sent from sgs4 using tapatalk