PDA

View Full Version : Golf Mk 7 1.4 TSi (122) Start Up Noise

matthussein
04-09-2013, 01:24 PM
Hi all, first post. Have read forum for a while and have had my golf for 2 months now and really pleased.

However, I have noticed, when starting the car from cold (particularly in the morning after a long period of not being driven) there is a noticeable engine noise which I can only describe as a scratching sound. This is present when revving the engine and is only audible for a few minutes. For example, if I let the engine tick over and warm up before pulling away it will stop, or likewise after a few mins of driving.

Just wanted to gauge your opinions on whether this is normal for the engine or if it could be the symptom of a more serious issue?

Thanks in advance.

dickt
05-09-2013, 01:07 PM
I've been on the two Mk 7 threads (here and golfmark7.com) for some time and I have not hear that before. I run a diesel, so cannot comment directly.

Sounds like you should take it to the dealer. If you can, leave it overnight and get them to start it up with you present. Or, go along to a dealer early morning and ask them to start up one of theirs so you can compare noises!