PDA

View Full Version : GT 1.4 TSI ACT Feedback

js28
04-09-2013, 08:13 AM
Having never bought new before I took the plunge and ordered the MK7 GT 1.4 TSI awhile back.

I've always wanted a GTI but due to not being able to afford one at the moment coupled with, for me, the amazing spec of the GT ended up going for this instead which I kind of saw as the next best thing. In all honesty I don't need a car with 220bhp and the GTI would have just been very self indulgent (I suppose that is pretty much what a GTI is anyway).

I'm very happy my choice with the only downside being the wait, as I notice is the case for many others. I ordered it on the 30th of July and currently have an estimated build week 39 which I believe is the end of September, still showing as step 2 (order with factory) on the tracker but my salesman informed me this should be changing in the next week or 2.

I ordered a standard spec 3 door manual but yesterday altered the Alloys to go for Singapore instead of the standard Dijon. Had seen some Golfs around with the Dijons on and wasn't too keen on them plus the Singapore alloys should match really well with the Black paintwork.

Just looking for some thoughts from people who have already got this model/engine as I have seen many topics on here about the SE or the 2.0 TDI GT but not much about the 1.4 TSI GT.

Cannot wait for the car to arrive but I expect I'll be looking at end of October/start of November.

a8toa6convert
04-09-2013, 09:06 AM
I'm sure you'll love the car. Mine arrives in about 4 hours, after a long long wait..... Be very sure you want those 18s though: I think the standard GT 17s look great, and they do ride better.

js28
04-09-2013, 09:12 AM
I'm sure you'll love the car. Mine arrives in about 4 hours, after a long long wait..... Be very sure you want those 18s though: I think the standard GT 17s look great, and they do ride better.

The Singapore's are still 17s. Wouldn't have gone for them if they were any bigger as I've heard of it compromising the ride.

Norbreck21a
04-09-2013, 10:06 AM
Well my fully loaded GTD DSG 5 door arrived at the dealers this morning after nearly a 6 month wait from order in early April :biglaugh:

Can't wait to pick it up, but will have to wait just a little longer to next weekend (a week Saturday), as I have work commitments this weekend. God the wait is driving me insane !!

It's not a GT or a GTI, but it is a MK7 and so far as I can ascertain, they are all brilliant regardless of spec.

a8toa6convert
04-09-2013, 12:18 PM
The Singapore's are still 17s. Wouldn't have gone for them if they were any bigger as I've heard of it compromising the ride. Sorry, senior moment....

andyCYM
04-09-2013, 01:12 PM
In my opinion it's a brilliant engine, limo quiet, very even power and diesel like torque. MPG ok as well - expect 50mpg on a long run although can achieve more if you try. Mine's averaging 43mpg over 6000 miles but I do a 3 mile Mon-Fri commute.

No real complaints apart from floppy doors and slightly squishy seats.

maisbitt
04-09-2013, 01:35 PM
In my opinion it's a brilliant engine, limo quiet, very even power and diesel like torque. MPG ok as well - expect 50mpg on a long run although can achieve more if you try. Mine's averaging 43mpg over 6000 miles but I do a 3 mile Mon-Fri commute.

No real complaints apart from floppy doors and slightly squishy seats.

My dad is so concerned with floppy seat bolsters on the seats of his GTD wearing away the cloth as he gets into and out of the car that he has fitted old man seat covers (NOOOOOO!). My Scirocco's bolsters are very firm and still look like new after almost 3 years, with a supporting solid underside which the Golf doesn't seem to have.

andyCYM
04-09-2013, 01:52 PM
The seat bolsters on my old Mk6 GTD where much firmer and more comfortable than those on the Mk7 GT, maybe that was to be expected, but sounds like its a Mk7 GTD issue as well. Shame, VW so nearly got this car 100% right I think.

pcr
04-09-2013, 02:39 PM
Does anyone else find that the seats in the GT crease and pucker where the alcantara is stitched to the other fabric ?