PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Audi cab 2000 1.8 20v no idle and sticking revs

Elwacko
03-09-2013, 09:28 PM
Hi guys after a little help with this 1, I can start the car with the throttle and hold the revs and also drive the car. The revs stick for around 2-3 seconds between gear changes, and cuts out when revs drop to idle. I have replaced the breather pipe under the manifold and cleaned the throttle body. All the vacuum pipes and breathers look ok and I cant hear any air leaks with the engine running. The temp gauge in the car does not work, but never has so not sure if that's related. Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks:aargh4:

mrjolly
30-09-2013, 02:15 PM
Hi, i have similar probs with my dads cab, ( 2000 1.8 20v ) wont tick over and intermittent non starter. Think it will be related to the electronic throttle body ( idle control valve ).
dont know weather to pull it and strip and clean or what.
ive managed to get some fault codes out though, 00515 Hall sensor, 01165 throttle valve adjuster, 17967 throttle actuator j338 (p1559)
the problem is these cars are rare , difficult to get good diagnostic info on so no one seems to have much of a clue .

scotty33
15-10-2013, 11:42 PM
I guess the temp sensor is like the B5 passat part, a 2 in 1 unit, 1 side is for the dash feed, the other a feed for the ECU. If the ECU side is goosed, it could be telling the ECU you have a sub zero eng temp at all times, is it bad on fuel? You could check the actual reading real time using VCDS or if you're lucky some resourceful soul may have resistance values that it should have.
You could also test the lambda sensor, again this controls mixture and tends to default to 'rich' when failed.