PDA

View Full Version : Help - Private Sale Price for Black A4 TDi 170 Quattro

smithian
04-09-2007, 01:28 PM
Hi all.
Firstly, apologies if this is in the wrong forum, but I wasn't sure where to put it!

I recently purchased an A4 Tdi 170 Quattro S-line in Phantom black with the following factory fit options;

• Volterra leather interior
• Satellite Navigation
• Bose Audio upgrade
• Voice control (SDS)
• Cruise Control
• CD changer in glove box
• Folding door mirrors
• Rain pack – Dimming rear view mirror/Auto wipers
• Light pack – Auto lights, leaving/coming home function
• Interior light pack – Vanity mirrors/under dash lights
• Electric front seats
• Heated front seats.
• Rear parking sensors
• Centre arm rear
• Bluetooth phone prep in centre arm rest
• Colour driver information system
• Auto boot opening
• Special order 14 spoke alloy wheels
• 60/40 split folding rear seats
• ISO fix preparatio

I'm looking to selling the car as I need something a little bigger. I've owned it for 2 months and prior to that it was a dealer demo. It's a 56 plate has 13K on the clock and is 8 months old (Reg'd in 12-01-07) so has just over 2 years warranty, RAC cover etc as well as 10 months tax. It's in A1 condition and having spoken to the original dealer, they've offered me 21.5K which is 4.5K less that I paid so I'm thinking of selling privately. Similar spec cars are still going for around 26K from Audi dealers. Glasses' guide is unable to give me a correct price due to the specs and having searched I've found no others for sale privately, so anyone got any idea if 21.5K is a fair price for the car? If not what I could expect to advertise/sell the car for privaltey?
Thanks in advance

Ian.

mellie
04-09-2007, 01:46 PM
Seeing as though Audi can be cheeky and expensive:zx11: I bet there offering you a poor amount.

If your seeing similar cars to yours going for 26K I'd knock off 1-2K as dealers always mark up so they can pretend to give you a deal by knocking some money off. I think you'd get around 24K:biglaugh: especially as its still got warranty etc. Or see how much part ex you'd get from whichever garage your buying new car from. (Unless its another Audi, in which case barter with them)

smithian
04-09-2007, 01:51 PM
Thanks Mellie.
I figured around 24K. Haven't decided what to replace it with yet so may try private. Any idea where would be the best place to advertise? Here, Pistonheads, EBay, Autotrader?

Ian.

andysuth
04-09-2007, 02:28 PM
I know some great buyers in Portugal and Namibia who might even pay £28k.....