PDA

View Full Version : Question questions about milltek upgrade on 08 8P S3

phill1012k
02-09-2013, 12:02 PM
Hi all,

Got in the car the other day and noticed it making a bit more noise than usual, sounded like the exhaust blowing...took the car to the garage this morning only to be told the exhaust has gone around the convolution joint (apparently this is unusual?) and that i'd be looking at replacing the whole section with the two cats on it and it'd be quite a bit of money...

...so i'm thinking this might be the time to do the milltek upgrade, i've had the car since it was new and this will be the first upgrade i've done to it other than fitting the RNS-E.

I've made a few calls and for the full resonated system i'm looking at around £1300 fitted. I know this is a pretty standard upgrade for these cars, is that generally a fair price?

Also resonated vs unresonated...just how much louder is the unresonated exhaust? I like the sound of a decent exhaust but i also don't want it to be rattling peoples windows as i go by. I've checked out a few videos on youtube and it still sounds pretty subtle but i'd be interested in folks opinions.