PDA

View Full Version : What's it like?

hencyber12
01-09-2013, 10:37 PM
Hello Sorry if this has been asked before but I cant seem to find it anywhere. I have been looking at a new Golf 1.4 TSI SE DSG for my wife and I was wondering what it was like to drive, ie MPG, Acceleration and ride quality. My wife now drives a 2010 Tiguan 2.0 tdi and she is wondering if the Golf would be as fast if not faster than it, she is a bit of a speed nut sometimes! :biglaugh:

Thank you for your replies

algarve
01-09-2013, 10:57 PM
Hello Sorry if this has been asked before but I cant seem to find it anywhere. I have been looking at a new Golf 1.4 TSI SE DSG for my wife and I was wondering what it was like to drive, ie MPG, Acceleration and ride quality. My wife now drives a 2010 Tiguan 2.0 tdi and she is wondering if the Golf would be as fast if not faster than it, she is a bit of a speed nut sometimes! :biglaugh:

Thank you for your replies

The Tiguan Match 140 TDI manual MPG 48.7 (Golf MPG 56.5) Acceleration 10.2 secs (Golf 9.3 secs) Max speed 116 mph (Golf 126 mph) - all book figures of course.

Ride quality on the Mk7 Golf is excellent imo.

No experience of ride quality on any model Tiguan to comment on.

dickt
02-09-2013, 02:08 PM
For a very long run, (300 miles plus) in my opinion, the Merc E class has the best ride quality. Having swapped one of these about 5 years ago for a Passat, I was pleasantly surprised at the Passat's ride quality. Not quite as good as the Merc, but not far away. Perfectly good enough for almost all of my motoring. I then went for a Golf, and again I was very (positively) surprised. The old idea that you had to have a very long wheelbase to get good ride quality seems to have been overcome by the engineers.
I have no hesitation in saying that the ride quality in my Mk 7 is very good.
At the comparative speed levels that you are talking about, speed and acceleration will be a subjective matter. These cars are not Lotus Elans!!