PDA

View Full Version : Climate control

A1287210
30-08-2013, 05:41 PM
Hi Guys, been over on the A4 forum for a bit then over in the Skoda Superb area now looking to take the plunge with the A7.

I have noticed a couple of things - many of the cars on autotrader seem to have a screens that have large bezzels (a lot of gap between the edge of the flip out screen and the beginning of the actual screen) and that reviews on the internet I have seen have had digital temp readings on the dash like the A6 but those on that are on autotrader do not..... It almost seems as if it is a step backwards from the A6??

Are these optional extras for a larger screen and digital temp readings?

Damien

M1tchy
30-08-2013, 06:51 PM
I've done quite a lot of research and recently ordered mine. Yes there are two different screen sizes. The one I took my test drive in seemed small and as you say too much plastic around it however there is a larger one available. As for the digital thermometer, this is shown only on the DIS between the speedo and rev counter I believe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

@mark
01-09-2013, 09:47 AM
I think you refer to the temp display for the aircon?

On standard climate you just get a pair of knobs to turn to set the temp

If you spec the 4 zone climate control option then you get the 2 digital displays in the centre console (and 2 more in the back) that show the temp set.

As for screen size, even the larger screen has quite a bit of plastic around the edge

M1tchy
01-09-2013, 07:20 PM
Ah good point, I thought he meant he outside air temp display.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD