PDA

View Full Version : H7 led bulb- bulb blown message

Sparky_143
29-08-2013, 07:04 PM
HI
i fitted some LEDs in the dipped beam from hids direct, they were advertised as error free/ canbus but I get the blown bulb image on the dis. No flickering of the bulb just the image in the dis
can anyone recommend some load resistor that have used and where they located them as it says they get really hot
cheers
john

EssexGonzo
29-08-2013, 09:06 PM
I tried so-called canbus error free LED bulbs for my DRLs. Never worked. These cars can be a bit picky.

But.....LEDs for dipped headlights? I would have thought that you would get a) a really rubbish beam pattern as these reflectors are designed for standard H7s and the beam pattern is critical for correct operation and b) plenty of glare to other drivers. I would bet that the lumens output variation combined with no beam pattern would be a touch anti-social. :what:

mjhamilton
29-08-2013, 09:10 PM
As above I am not sure current led units would be good enough for the low beams although I see there are some for the fog lamps out at the moment

Jury is out until proven otherwise

Sparky_143
29-08-2013, 09:39 PM
I tried so-called canbus error free LED bulbs for my DRLs. Never worked. These cars can be a bit picky.

But.....LEDs for dipped headlights? I would have thought that you would get a) a really rubbish beam pattern as these reflectors are designed for standard H7s and the beam pattern is critical for correct operation and b) plenty of glare to other drivers. I would bet that the lumens output variation combined with no beam pattern would be a touch anti-social. :what:

been reading a lot of post on a lot of forums and your right. These will be coming out tomorrow.
Which h7 halogen bulbs do you recommend for a whiter output to match the led drls I changed

kodkod.84
31-08-2013, 05:42 PM
Philips X-Treme get my vote- used them in all my cars for the past 8 years