PDA

View Full Version : Even I am impressed by these numbers

@mark
26-08-2013, 10:01 AM
So we have just got back from a couple of weeks in Charante in France. Crossing on the Channel Tunnel before driving down from Calais, around Paris and then beyond.

The journey down was pretty uneventful but I was looking forward to doing the journey in this car.

It certainly didn't disappoint and having a Toll Tag made the journey just that little bit easier but for a 4WD car with a 6 cylinder engine, even I am impressed with this return.

http://photos.markroddis.com/Other/Cars/Marks-New-New-Toy/i-Cx626Gb/0/XL/IMG_0746-XL.jpg

M1tchy
26-08-2013, 05:22 PM
Very good figures indeed. What engine do you have? Mine is on order and should be with me by Xmas. I've ordered the BiTDI 313 PS Quattro? If I could get those figures on a run like that I'd be very happy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

@mark
27-08-2013, 08:45 AM
Very good figures indeed. What engine do you have? Mine is on order and should be with me by Xmas. I've ordered the BiTDI 313 PS Quattro? If I could get those figures on a run like that I'd be very happy.

It's the 245hp Quattro variant so I would not expect the BiTurbo to be that different on a run (depending on how heavy your right foot is)

Pilot Morgan
27-08-2013, 01:39 PM
I averaged 55 MPG on a 100 mile motorway run the other weekend although it was tough resisting the urge to put the foot down!

I've got the 204BHP TDI Quattro variant. Which I understand is no different to the 245BHP aside from electronic restrictions which I should be able to get chipped out?

shabazmo
27-08-2013, 10:22 PM
I averaged 55 MPG on a 100 mile motorway run the other weekend although it was tough resisting the urge to put the foot down!

I've got the 204BHP TDI Quattro variant. Which I understand is no different to the 245BHP aside from electronic restrictions which I should be able to get chipped out?

I also think different injectors and a few other parts. The turbo is also slightly different. I know that there are several variations of engines that exist with the 3.0tdi engnes. Do you have your engine code. It should be something like CLAB which is mine 204bhp and 400NM of torque which is the lowest output. There is another 204bhp engine that gives our 450NM or torque. The most power is 313bhp and 650NM torque. In between the 245bhp engines can give out 500 or 580NM of torque deprnding on the engine.Compared to the fi rst generation of the V6 TDI engine, the turbocharger
has been adapted to meet the increased power demand. A
GT 2260 exhaust turbocharger from Honeywell Turbo Technologies
(HTT) is now used for the version with an engine output of 184 kW.
The GT 2256 turbocharger is fi tted in other versions of the 3.0l V6
TDI engine with less power output.

Pbro
20-09-2013, 10:57 AM
I wonder , would I be missing a trick to not go for the Quattro version ? In terms of fuel economy , surely the non-Quattro fares significantly better ?

I currently have a 2008 A6 Quattro 3l tdi Le Mans.

My work commute has increased by 16 miles round trip per day.

I originally went for a Quattro because I though I would be less likely to get the wheels stuck in snow.

I think I would be going for the A7 SE rather than S-line.

@mark
20-09-2013, 11:06 AM
I wonder , would I be missing a trick to not go for the Quattro version ? In terms of fuel economy , surely the non-Quattro fares significantly better ?

I currently have a 2008 A6 Quattro 3l tdi Le Mans.

My work commute has increased by 16 miles round trip per day.

I originally went for a Quattro because I though I would be less likely to get the wheels stuck in snow.

I think I would be going for the A7 SE rather than S-line.

I would not be without Quattro now.

My previous cars (a MB C350 CDI Estate and a BMW 335D Touring) have both been left stranded on the drive when it has snowed. Last winter my A7 even on summer tyres amazed me even in 6 inches of freshly fallen snow.

Pbro
20-09-2013, 11:44 AM
I gather the Quattro is S tronic. Is there much difference with tiptronic that I have on my 2008 Quattro a6 car ?

shabazmo
22-09-2013, 09:47 AM
If you decide on the 2wd multitronic, I would test drive the car before you decide. It is not as responsive as the S tronic when mooving off from a standing start.

Pbro
22-09-2013, 11:19 AM
If you decide on the 2wd multitronic, I would test drive the car before you decide. It is not as responsive as the S tronic when mooving off from a standing start.

Funny you should say that , I test drove a 204 bhp A7 SE non-Quattro multitronic yesterday. My first encounter with the A7. It had 19 inch 10 spoke alloys , not the standard 18", looked v nice , was oolong grey.

I would like to try the Quattro SE and Quattro S-line next.

I think I and the wife for defo would lean toward a SE Quattro , but there are many more S line so not as easy to find SE Quattro in a particular color 2+ yrs , less than 25k miles.

I would like to have a 24hr test drive in the SE Quattro but I would need to decide whether 204 or 245 bhp first.

I think the multitronic is £125 for 6 month road tax. , any idea what the 205 and 245 bhp Quattro are for tax ?

My 2008 A6 3l d 233bhp ( I think) is about £280 for 12 months tax.

Also in my test drive , unless the steering was not in dynamic mode , it felt a little too wooly around the straight ahead position for making slight adjustments. In dynamic steering mode it felt more responsive to me and I would probably always drive it this way.

The mode it was previously in felt a bit numb.

@mark
22-09-2013, 11:40 AM
I think the multitronic is £125 for 6 month road tax. , any idea what the 205 and 245 bhp Quattro are for tax ?

My 2008 A6 3l d 233bhp ( I think) is about £280 for 12 months tax.

I just did the tax on my 240 Quattro and it came in at £175 for 12 months

Also in my test drive , unless the steering was not in dynamic mode , it felt a little too wooly around the straight ahead position for making slight adjustments. In dynamic steering mode it felt more responsive to me and I would probably always drive it this way.

The mode it was previously in felt a bit numb.

When you are on the motorways etc you will end up leaving it in "comfort mode". The whole idea of these cars is that in day to day driving, they waft along in silence and are about as unengaging as you could ever get but once you leave the motorway and get a good bit of road, dynamic mode is where you want to be

M1tchy
22-09-2013, 12:41 PM
Im pretty sure there is an individual mode too so you can set the steering to dynamic but have the suspension and throttle response etc in comfort if thats how you find it handles best for you.

shabazmo
22-09-2013, 09:41 PM
Im pretty sure there is an individual mode too so you can set the steering to dynamic but have the suspension and throttle response etc in comfort if thats how you find it handles best for you. The settings that are changeable are: steering gearing, gearbox modes and susspension but the suspension is only chanageable if you have the air suspension option.

Goncalo Proenca
22-10-2013, 04:34 PM
I would not be without Quattro now.

My previous cars (a MB C350 CDI Estate and a BMW 335D Touring) have both been left stranded on the drive when it has snowed. Last winter my A7 even on summer tyres amazed me even in 6 inches of freshly fallen snow.

Amen for Portuguese sunny weather and the lack of snow ( think I encountered snow twice in 18+ years of driving here ). Would love to have Quattro though, but simply for "HOLD ON TO THE ROAD DAMMIT" reasons :)

passman
22-10-2013, 06:47 PM
@mark,
How did you get the figures on your DIS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

M1tchy
22-10-2013, 08:24 PM
press the button on the steering wheel that looks like a menu, then scroll up and down until you find the info page (i think its info) then select that. Then scroll up and down through long term, short term and other menus.

Wippa
22-10-2013, 09:31 PM
Iv'e got an 63 quattro sline 204 - my run to work is mixed 'tween motorway and stop n start and i get 37/38 ish on the whole journey. The motorway i get 45 ish but i get to 77, hit cruise and stay there. The heavier the foot the lower the mpg obviously. On a run of around 100 miles i clocked 51 mpg - both of these were better than my 2.0tdi a5 that i traded in.

passman
23-10-2013, 07:15 PM
M1tchy
Thanks for the information about the DIS but it will be another couple of weeks before I can try it for myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)