PDA

View Full Version : Please Help How strict are Audi with their warranties..?!

Pimped-Passat
26-08-2013, 09:01 AM
Audi-Addicts

Have any of you out there tested how strict Audi are with their 3 years // 60k miles warranty period...?

I bought my A4 new from York Audi in December 2010, making it 3 years old at the end of this year, but I've clocked circa 63k miles so technically I'm out of warranty.

As sods law would dictate, the engine management warning light has just appeared and I'm wondering if there's any tolerance or typical good will on getting it looked at under warranty, seen as it's so close to 60k miles, still under 3 years old, and that I've maintained full dealer servicing.

Does anyone have any experience on this, or ideas on how to approach the subject with the dealer..?

Cheers
Light-on-Mark

Guest 2
26-08-2013, 09:45 AM
It's dealer discretion to offer goodwill when/where it applies, always try for it though especially as you have full history.

bigslope
26-08-2013, 09:45 AM
Belfast Audi are very good with that sort of thing. My turbo went in my A3 and it was 9 months out of date. They rang Audi customer services and they agreed if I made a small contribution they would pay the rest. It cost me £120 but gave me a 2 yr warranty for the turbo.
If you get no joy ring Audi customer services direct and speak to them