PDA

View Full Version : The September Countdown

glen_a4turbo
19-08-2013, 08:20 PM
Wednesday 4th September. the day my Beluga Brown 2.0 A3 Sportback S Line Turns up and I literally cannot wait now, looking at pictures, reading reviews anything to get my A3 fix... Roll on Wednesday 4th September....

Anyone else doing the same.....

Guest 2
19-08-2013, 08:24 PM
excellent, make sure you post some pics up. will be interesting to see what the brown is like.

what colour of interior are you going for?

glen_a4turbo
19-08-2013, 08:28 PM
Gone for half leather, half alacantara. Can't stand the feel of leather in the heat or cold and wanted alacantara ever since I saw a Lamborghini with it in lol. ( nearest I will ever get)...

tlionhart
25-08-2013, 03:18 AM
Gone for half leather, half alacantara. Can't stand the feel of leather in the heat or cold and wanted alacantara ever since I saw a Lamborghini with it in lol. ( nearest I will ever get)...

Bet you can't wait! You won't be let down by the alcantara seating. I think it makes the interior look much smarter. Also I find its much more comfortable than the leather. Don't forget the pics! I think its a stunning colour on the A3, but everyone disagrees with me. Best of luck on collection day. :)

chippy1970
25-08-2013, 07:41 AM
Wednesday 4th September. the day my Beluga Brown 2.0 A3 Sportback S Line Turns up and I literally cannot wait now, looking at pictures, reading reviews anything to get my A3 fix... Roll on Wednesday 4th September....

Anyone else doing the same.....

We're just ordering one , been told it's being built and we might have it by the end of September.

What are you doing about collection are you letting Audi clean it ? I'm a member of a detailing forum and most people say dealers can wreck your car. I know they did with my van it was swirled to f**k when I collected it.

You can book your own detailer to clean it before you collect.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

glen_a4turbo
25-08-2013, 09:31 AM
I've never had any issues with the dealers cleaners. I also purchased a supagard sponge and will apply when I get the car. I am just getting out of a 10 plate vw CC and has just under 100k miles. So anything to keep the paint looking a little better for a little longer the better.

chippy1970
25-08-2013, 09:50 AM
We're changing up from a vw too but ours is a 2001 y golf estate 61000 miles, had it from new :)

glen_a4turbo
25-08-2013, 10:01 AM
I've got to be honest and hope/prey the service from Audi is a damn sight better than from VW. I was not impressed at all which is why I did not go for another CC... Car is great but little things like a service wash each time it was in and a phone call to say the car was ready let them down terribly. If you pay for it to go to a dealer then you should expect nothing less than perfect service for the premium alone.

Will take some photos hopefully in the sunlight to show off the metallic as the pictures I have seen do not do the colour justice.

have been seeing an awful lot of A3's on the road but funnily enough not many S Lines...

tlionhart
25-08-2013, 10:33 AM
We're just ordering one , been told it's being built and we might have it by the end of September.

What are you doing about collection are you letting Audi clean it ? I'm a member of a detailing forum and most people say dealers can wreck your car. I know they did with my van it was swirled to f**k when I collected it.

You can book your own detailer to clean it before you collect.

I'm collecting mine on the 2nd (A5 cab)

It depends some dealers are good and some are bad. When I got an A3 from them, they did a good job on it. When I got the A5 coupe the screen was scratched. Al over the place. Luckily I needed a windscreen replacement just over a year later.
Because all the colours I go for, swirls are hard to see I avoid the black or very dark colours. My dad got a scuba blue A3 in March and they did a good job on it. I think my A5 was scratched as they rushed to prep it in order to meet delivery time. They had 2 days to PDI it ad clean. Got that in Sept 2011. Whereas my other cars they had time to clean and PDI it.
If you don't want them to clean it, tell them now and they'll leave all the stickers on for you.
Where are you picking the car up from?

Big Gaz
25-08-2013, 03:35 PM
Picking up a New A3 1.4TFSI Sportback S-Line Cylinder on Demand in Scuba Blue on the 1st of September. This is for the wife as getting rid of her year old A4 Allroad as her miles have dropped dramatically after giving up work to look after our baby, its just a matter of time before the DPF chokes up I think. The new cabin looks great and cant wait until they roll it out across the range. This is my 9th Audi in 6 years and many more to come

chippy1970
25-08-2013, 03:49 PM
Picking up a New A3 1.4TFSI Sportback S-Line Cylinder on Demand in Scuba Blue on the 1st of September. This is for the wife as getting rid of her year old A4 Allroad as her miles have dropped dramatically after giving up work to look after our baby, its just a matter of time before the DPF chokes up I think. The new cabin looks great and cant wait until they roll it out across the range. This is my 9th Audi in 6 years and many more to come

That's the exact thing we originally left a deposit on but I'm only a poor carpenter lol so changed my mind and dropped to the lower spec. It's only for the wife she never goes anywhere.

Big Gaz
25-08-2013, 08:27 PM
That's the exact thing we originally left a deposit on but I'm only a poor carpenter lol so changed my mind and dropped to the lower spec. It's only for the wife she never goes anywhere.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2Meant to say its the S-Tronic version we are getting, apparently one of the first in UK (ordered on day of release). We had originally ordered the 122 Sport with a few extras but Missus really wanted the LEDs and fell in love with the flat bottomed wheel. Got a great deal from Aberdeen Audi to change the order so am very happy now (more importantly so is she). The 122 S-Tronic felt nippy enough so looking forward to trying the 138

glen_a4turbo
25-08-2013, 08:29 PM
Wish I had he option for the s-tronic but as mine was a company car I had no option but a manual.

chippy1970
25-08-2013, 08:49 PM
Meant to say its the S-Tronic version we are getting, apparently one of the first in UK (ordered on day of release). We had originally ordered the 122 Sport with a few extras but Missus really wanted the LEDs and fell in love with the flat bottomed wheel. Got a great deal from Aberdeen Audi to change the order so am very happy now (more importantly so is she). The 122 S-Tronic felt nippy enough so looking forward to trying the 138

I drove the 122 and thought it was enough so we dropped to that. Sounds like you've done the exact opposite to us. Do you mind me asking what deal you got Pm me if you don't want to discuss out loud. We were paying £24550 for the s line but not s tronic the sport we've gone for is £21650.

My wife wanted s tronic I wouldn't let her have it :)

chippy1970
25-08-2013, 10:22 PM
I'm collecting mine on the 2nd (A5 cab)

It depends some dealers are good and some are bad. When I got an A3 from them, they did a good job on it. When I got the A5 coupe the screen was scratched. Al over the place. Luckily I needed a windscreen replacement just over a year later.
Because all the colours I go for, swirls are hard to see I avoid the black or very dark colours. My dad got a scuba blue A3 in March and they did a good job on it. I think my A5 was scratched as they rushed to prep it in order to meet delivery time. They had 2 days to PDI it ad clean. Got that in Sept 2011. Whereas my other cars they had time to clean and PDI it.
If you don't want them to clean it, tell them now and they'll leave all the stickers on for you.
Where are you picking the car up from?

Sorry mate just spotted your reply.

I'm buying it from slough Audi. Seems a good place the salesman is good doesn't waffle or bull****. Not like walton Audi the girl who we saw there was so full of crap. She took us for a test drive in the old model saying it drives the same :mad: which I now know is rubbish. I've driven the new model and it's totally different.

tlionhart
26-08-2013, 12:38 PM
Sorry mate just spotted your reply.

I'm buying it from slough Audi. Seems a good place the salesman is good doesn't waffle or bull****. Not like walton Audi the girl who we saw there was so full of crap. She took us for a test drive in the old model saying it drives the same :mad: which I now know is rubbish. I've driven the new model and it's totally different.

I like both dealerships. But I know exactly who your talking about at Walton. She's new. I completely agree with how it drives. The comfort and handling is much better in the new generation. Much more responsive. :)
I also like the fact Audi drive select is standard on sport and above models.

Faxo
26-08-2013, 07:16 PM
I ordered my A3 Sportback S Line in Feb, it was built in May and delivered end of June, but I've waited patiently!

i work for Audi so get it on the staff scheme, 6 months at a time :) went for LED light pack, debadged and privacy glass on this one, in Red, 2.0 TDi. Got the free SD nav too as was ordered before March

I get mine on Sat actually, bringing it home to clean it ready for Sunday :)

tlionhart
28-08-2013, 12:59 PM
I ordered my A3 Sportback S Line in Feb, it was built in May and delivered end of June, but I've waited patiently!

i work for Audi so get it on the staff scheme, 6 months at a time :) went for LED light pack, debadged and privacy glass on this one, in Red, 2.0 TDi. Got the free SD nav too as was ordered before March

I get mine on Sat actually, bringing it home to clean it ready for Sunday :)

Excellent! What alloys did you opt for? The standard Sline ones or the darker spoked alloys? Looks great against the Misano red and privacy glass finish :)

chippy1970
28-08-2013, 01:44 PM
Just about to order our one, managed to get the price down a bit more order signed job done. Hopefully get it end September early October

Faxo
30-08-2013, 08:15 PM
Excellent! What alloys did you opt for? The standard Sline ones or the darker spoked alloys? Looks great against the Misano red and privacy glass finish :)

Std S Line, when i ordered, there was only one choice of wheel

Not had any in with the optional wheels yet either

glen_a4turbo
31-08-2013, 02:49 PM
Not long now for the first lot of 63' plate A3's to hit the forum and I for one am very excited to receive mine... 4 days left

chippy1970
03-09-2013, 05:28 PM
Just had an email from our dealer. Our car has been built and is now at the port waiting to ship wooooo hoodoo! :)

Anyone know how long it can take from this point to delivery day ??

Big Gaz
03-09-2013, 07:43 PM
If its at UK Port normally about a fortnight until its in your hand. Wife got her new one on Sunday and absolutely loves it!

chippy1970
03-09-2013, 07:53 PM
It's at the German port waiting to board :)

Big Gaz
03-09-2013, 08:48 PM
3ish weeks then, dependant on which port it arrives in. Our cars always arrive in Tyne and our ready 2 weeks after that. Here is her new motor22211

chippy1970
03-09-2013, 09:09 PM
3ish weeks then, dependant on which port it arrives in. Our cars always arrive in Tyne and our ready 2 weeks after that. Here is her new motor22211

Same colour as us, we were going grey but my t5 is off road grey and we couldn't have matching paint. :)

So scuba blue it is.

Delivery was listed as 30th so 3 weeks sounds about right then.

glen_a4turbo
03-09-2013, 10:27 PM
Nice car mate. Getting mine tomorrow and just cannot wait

chippy1970
10-09-2013, 01:38 PM
Emailed dealer today one week after being told ours was at the German port. Well it's still there and said it can take upto 15 days to get shipped :(

Oh well looks like it's gonna be awhile yet

glen_a4turbo
11-09-2013, 09:35 PM
Emailed dealer today one week after being told ours was at the German port. Well it's still there and said it can take upto 15 days to get shipped :(

Oh well looks like it's gonna be awhile yet

Worth the wait mate, be patient, you will be rewarded...

chippy1970
13-09-2013, 08:04 PM
Worth the wait mate, be patient, you will be rewarded...

Had an email tonight , it's on the ship heading to sheerness :)

chippy1970
16-09-2013, 02:41 PM
Getting nearer it's at the UK port and the dealer say within 10 days he will have it

chippy1970
23-09-2013, 04:56 PM
It's at the dealer won't be long now

chippy1970
24-09-2013, 08:17 PM
Ta daaa!

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3790/9920638185_f951981f1a.jpg

Picked it up tonight, so far so good loving all the gadgets. They even covered it and did an unveil for us and the wife got a bunch of flowers.

Many thanks to Warren at Slough Audi I can highly recommend them.

Guest 2
24-09-2013, 08:22 PM
Lovely colour!

Post some more pics when you can, looks like an awesome combo! :)

Enjoy!

chippy1970
24-09-2013, 08:47 PM
Will do when I get in tomorrow from work. Tried the bluetooth out already works great with my HTC one.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3819/9920672136_61f17ee940.jpg