PDA

View Full Version : Rear wiper and the use thereof

Phutters
19-08-2013, 04:07 PM
My daughter has a 2010 1.6 Sportback. Every time she reverses out of the parking spot she uses when she's up here stealing all our food and emptying my wallet, the rear wiper does a wipe.

It doesn't have any fancy rain-sensing wipery gubbins or anything, so it wipes come rain or shine.

I've been meaning to look in the Manuel to find out how to stop it doing that, but I never remember until she's just about to tear off down the road, and any suggestion that she might look in the instruction book herself is met with the most dismissive roll of the eyes imaginable.

If some kind soul could tell me how to stop it doing it, I'll send her an e-mail or a tweet or a faceplant or whatever it is that these young folk use instead of speech to communicate with each other.

Guest 2
19-08-2013, 04:08 PM
It will auto rear wipe if the fronts are on.

This can be turned off via the DIS in SET then windscreen wipers. Or if DIS isn't there then vcds will do.

Phutters
19-08-2013, 04:46 PM
No DIS, and no VCDS.

We is po' folk.

Are there any circumstances in which just selecting reverse makes it do a wipe even if the fronts are off?

Guest 2
19-08-2013, 04:54 PM
Nope it should only come on in reverse if the wipers are on.

Make sure the wiper stalk is off and the back wiper is off too. If they're both off then something's broken ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phutters
19-08-2013, 05:05 PM
Thanks Chris.

I'd like to be able to check, but the car's on its way to Bristol at the moment.

Probably at about 2,600mph in the outside lane.