PDA

View Full Version : First the camera, and now the climate control...how many more options will go?

froudeg
18-08-2013, 02:55 AM
Hi,

Has anyone else noticed that 2zone climate control is no longer an option on the vw website configurator?

The reversing camera disappeared recently, and now the climate control is no where to be seen.

I believe the camera option went as they have a supply issue, and i suspect this is the reason for the climate control to no longer be available.

At this rate there will only be 2 cars available - the GTI/GTD and the S model!

C5Clive
18-08-2013, 07:59 AM
Just checked the configurator and it's still there, under Comfort & Convenience. Which model are you trying to specify it on?

DW58
18-08-2013, 12:12 PM
Climate Control seems to be available on the web-based configurator on a PC/Mac, but not on either the web-based tablet version or on the iPad/iPhone apps which is odd.

froudeg
18-08-2013, 12:56 PM
Just checked the configurator and it's still there, under Comfort & Convenience. Which model are you trying to specify it on?

Found the problem - the climate control option is there on all the engines, unless you specify the Petrol 1.4 ACT engine with DSG.....it seems selecting this engine removes the climate control option, or at least it does on the GT Golf.

More than likely another bug in the wonderous configurator - which is riddled with many a bug at the moment.

DW58
18-08-2013, 01:31 PM
I suspect it's selecting the DSG that does it as this also causes problems with the 1.4TSi 122PS engine. Climate control is certainly still available, it's only the Reversing Camera which is unavailable TFN much to my annoyance.

dickt
19-08-2013, 11:16 AM
When you order an option, and VW do not include it, make sure that they do not try and charge you for it.

I bought and paid for electric memory seats. They were available in the first two versions of the price list. I had them previously in a Passat and they were very handy as SWMBO and I have very different driving positions.

Then, VW decided not to include the memory seats as an option, and decided not to tell me.

They took my money in full for the option, but did not even bother to tell me. What a bunch of crooks.

I only found out about it when I got home. they were in the manual, but I could not make them work. I rang the dealer, who put their chief techie on. We jointly found out that they just do not exist.

I do not know the right word for this. Was it deceit? fraud? arrogance?

Any way - do not pay for options that do not exist!!!

DW58
19-08-2013, 11:21 AM
Cheeky barstewards!

Electric seats are certainly still listed as an option on the iPad version of the Configurator - I just checked.

froudeg
19-08-2013, 12:36 PM
When you order an option, and VW do not include it, make sure that they do not try and charge you for it.

I bought and paid for electric memory seats. They were available in the first two versions of the price list. I had them previously in a Passat and they were very handy as SWMBO and I have very different driving positions.

Then, VW decided not to include the memory seats as an option, and decided not to tell me.

They took my money in full for the option, but did not even bother to tell me. What a bunch of crooks.

I only found out about it when I got home. they were in the manual, but I could not make them work. I rang the dealer, who put their chief techie on. We jointly found out that they just do not exist.

I do not know the right word for this. Was it deceit? fraud? arrogance?

Any way - do not pay for options that do not exist!!!

That is what we call a breach of the trade descriptions act. You would be entitled to a full refund on that option, and if you took them to the small claims court they would not have a leg to stand on...not that they would ever actually go to court - they would settle well before it ever got to the court allocation date.

If they did that to me, and refused a full refund on the entire leather seats option - that's exactly what i would be doing!

dickt
20-08-2013, 12:54 PM
I settled for a sensible sum.
On the elec seats - yes, I have them, but without memory they are as much use as a bike for a fish.