PDA

View Full Version : Ordered sportback s line, 2nd thoughts

chippy1970
17-08-2013, 07:44 AM
We put a deposit down on a new s line but the dealer is having problems getting the one we were sold. I'm now having second thoughts on whether we should have just gone for an se or sport. There's quite a big price difference and I'm now thinking the lower models still look good.

Anyone else here been through this and what did you decide.

Our budget started at just under 20k but we've stretched to 24500 to get the s line 1.4 cod

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

chippy1970
17-08-2013, 07:22 PM
Went and looked at a sportback SPORT today and that will suit us totally. So looks like were gonna save a few quid and go for a sport instead of the s line.

maisbitt
17-08-2013, 10:02 PM
Went and looked at a sportback SPORT today and that will suit us totally. So looks like were gonna save a few quid and go for a sport instead of the s line.

Biggest draw for the s-line has to be Xenons and half leather sports seats. If you're not bothered about those then going Sport is money in the bank.

Currently being messed about by VW for a GTD order placed in March and due to be built this week (it has not been stared yet) after an 8 week delay over original estimation. Seriously considering an A3 S-line 184PS TDI if it doesn't get made next week.

chippy1970
17-08-2013, 10:43 PM
Yeah I'm not bothered by the half leather and lights. I was worried the body styling wouldn't be as nice but it's fine. I actually prefer some things on the sport, the grill is Matt grey rather than the gloss black of the s line.

keeper
24-08-2013, 09:05 PM
I went 1.6TDI SE, and added the following, happy with the spec and these will get used every day other than the Aluminium element they just finish it off and still cheaper than the sport.

Aluminium interior elements. On the vents, glove compartment, wing-mirror adjustment switches, electric windowswitches, frame around the inside door handle, control buttons for the parking brake and the hold-assist button (if fitted)

Interior lighting package. Anti-glare lighting for the passenger compartment comprising door sill and footwell lightingat the front as well as illuminated inside door openers, vanity mirrors and illuminated cup holders, 2 reading lights eachat the front and rear, LED interior ambient lighting and active door reflectors. Also available as part of the Xenon lightpackage (WB6)

Auto-dimming rear-view mirror with light and rain sensor package. In addition to the light and rain sensor package,includes a light sensor which detects when the headlights behind are too bright and dims the rear-view mirror automatically.Also available as part of the Comfort package (WBI)
Light and rain sensor package. Automatically switches the dipped beam headlights and windscreen wipers on/offdepending on the light and rain conditions. Includes coming home/leaving home function which delays the deactivationof the front and rear lights after locking and automatic activation of the lights when unlocking. The package also includesa windscreen with sunband for improved insulation of the windscreen and acoustic glass for reduced outside noise.

chippy1970
24-08-2013, 09:26 PM
Think we're going for the sport 1.4tfsi 122 with comfort package in scuba blue

tlionhart
25-08-2013, 03:07 AM
If it was me, S line any day. They look better and the SE and SPORTS are too common compared to the Sline. I prefer the styling and in addition to that it lowers the price of most extras should you wish to put other things on the car. I know the Sline isn't for everyone, but styling is important to me.