PDA

View Full Version : Rusting Yeti

DDF
15-08-2013, 12:34 PM
I recently purchased a Yeti from a main dealer, not quite 3 years old, it looked like new, 20,000 miles on clock, full Skoda service history. After one week decided to wash and wax the car only to discover that I have bubbles of rust on all four doors, I took the car back to the Skoda garage and after lengthy discussions they agreed to do the rust on the back doors over the wheelarches and put chip guards on the two doors over the wheelarches. That has been done but I still have rust on the four doors, I spoke to Skoda customer services and said I wished to have the car inspected where they have there bodywork done which they said was fine, 2 guys from the bodyshop inspected the car and both agreed there is a problem with the paint on my car and it should not have happened like this, I even got them to speak to customer services while I was there to confirm my problem. Five weeks on it is still not resolved. GREAT NEWS, I have just received notice from customer service all the work will be done under warranty. I as so pleased, other than the paint problem it is a fantastic car, very economical for a 2 ltr diesel, must average mid 50 mpg, comfortable, roomy.