PDA

View Full Version : Tracking status

Gerryf
11-08-2013, 08:38 AM
If you'd like to track your newbie but can't because of maintenance....

give this link a whirl :

Volkswagen Owners Homepage : Volkswagen UK (http://pre-live.volkswagen.co.uk/owners)

The tracking link is bottom left of page.

DW58
11-08-2013, 10:12 AM
Thanks for that Gerry.

Gerryf
11-08-2013, 11:46 AM
Hi DW, it keeps me amused and saves me pestering the Dealership. I have a no nonsense sales guy who'll contact me when the car is ready for collection....that's the way I like it :)

I suppose I'm privileged in that I get to hang onto my present Mk 6 until I collect my Motability lease Mk 7.....therefore I can be easy going about delivery albeit I'm impatient by nature....lol

I've already made plans to drive up to Scotland mid September.....my head tells me a long Motorway run isn't suitable for running in a new car but my heart is yearning for a good play with all the toys the Mk 7 has on-board.

It's a toss of a coin whether I'll be driving the newbie by then......exciting times eh !

DW58
11-08-2013, 12:40 PM
I guess I'm in the same boat Gerry - I'm also more than pleased with how my dealer/salesman is handling my order, but when Volkswagen have such a website it would be nice if they actually kept it up to date.

divsec
11-08-2013, 06:46 PM
I know just what you mean. I have spent the last three days doing training runs. Friday cross country 120 miles or so, Saturday local, Sunday into London, out to Heathrow. And then home yo Bedfordshire. My first golf and very impressed (first one I could see out of. 6.5 tall and no problems with my 1.6 TDI we manual

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Gerryf
12-08-2013, 06:34 PM
Good to hear you're really enjoying the Golf experience Divsec :).....keep up the training.....excellent running-in journeys :)

Gerryf
15-08-2013, 05:50 PM
The new 7 step Tracker is now up and running :

Track My Order : Volkswagen UK (http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/track-my-order)

DW58
15-08-2013, 06:46 PM
Thanks Gerry.

So "With the factory" has appeared as a new stage, to which mine has progressed. I have an unofficial build week of BW40 from my dealer - awaiting further progress.

microwork
15-08-2013, 11:05 PM
Thanks Gerry for this link. I had originally build week 28. My status is "In Transit". Shouldn't be too long now. I live in N.Ireland - so may take a little longer to get here - extra ferry crossing I guess. My dealer has been excellent though. I had sold my MK6 private - the dealer gave me a 2013 mk6 golf match courtesy car until my mk7 comes - so no complaints there!!

Gerryf
16-08-2013, 03:30 PM
TBH nothing is going to change time wise. The clever Tracker should help keep us calm ?

The MK6 Match is quite well specced so you ain't exactly slumming it Microwork :D....fingers crossed you'll soon be sitting in your Mk7 :)

DW, the Tracker gets updated on Friday's....You may be pleasantly surprised if you check in again today ? :)

DW58
16-08-2013, 05:31 PM
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b212/HighlandSniper58/Emoticons/sadshake.gif

Gerryf
18-08-2013, 04:15 PM
Here's the reason lots of folk are still waiting :

Hailstorm Damages 28,000 New Volkswagen Cars at Wolfsburg Headquarters - IBTimes UK (http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/498148/20130810/volkswagen-cars-wolfsburg-germany-auto-emden-hailstorm.htm)

I think it's week build 27 that was affected....there's bound to be a knock on effect.

DW58
18-08-2013, 04:24 PM
That's worrying - Build Week 27 was the first week in July.

When are you hoping for yours Gerry - mine's supposed to be Wk.40 provisionally, awaiting confirmation.

Gerryf
18-08-2013, 05:03 PM
Hi DW, the tracker says my build is due to start week beginning 08/09/13.....probably a late September early October delivery ?

Pity because I have a run to Glasgow mid September....never mind, my present Mk6 is a delight to drive

DW58
18-08-2013, 06:23 PM
Yes, I'm also happy with most things about the handling of my Mk.6 with the exception of the manual box which I find hard work on longer drives. I've driven my Mum's DSG cars (previously Mk.5 Golf 1.6FSi and now Audi A1 Sportback 1.4TFSi Sport) and find them so much easier to drive as my left leg doesn't cope with constant gear changing which is so necessary on the rural Scottish goat-tracks which pass for roads up here.

I've never driven a Mk.6 DSG, but I can't wait to start driving my Mk.7.

Gerryf
19-08-2013, 07:58 AM
I can honestly say DSG is the best auto I've ever come across......you're in for a treat :)

DW58
19-08-2013, 09:18 AM
I don't doubt that Gerry, and from previous experience I totally agree. I've ordered the steering wheel with "Flappy Paddles" but I'm not sure how much use it'll get.

GTwebb
19-08-2013, 12:07 PM
I'm confused.. my Build Week was confirmed for start of last week (12th Aug). I've logged on today to the tracker and its now changed to saying my car is now being built??!! Shouldn't that have been the status last week which was the build week..?? Do I take it as the build week has been put back a week?

microwork
20-08-2013, 11:23 PM
Tracker updated today for me. I am now at stage 6 - Arrived in the UK. "Your car has now arrived in the UK and will be delivered to your local Volkswagen Retailer shortly. This normally takes 7 days." Hopefully wont be long now...

maisbitt
21-08-2013, 08:04 AM
I'm confused.. my Build Week was confirmed for start of last week (12th Aug). I've logged on today to the tracker and its now changed to saying my car is now being built??!! Shouldn't that have been the status last week which was the build week..?? Do I take it as the build week has been put back a week?

GTWebb: i'm in exactly the same situation with my GTD. It was confirmed for build w/c 12th August. No news all last week and on the Saturday night it changed to "build in progress" My dealer rang me yesterday to tell me it hasn't even been started yet. Rang VW UK up who confirmed the same - they think it might start this coming weekend but didn't want to commit!

I suspect that as the tracker comes to the end of the week the car is supposed to be built, it just defaults to "build in progress" when the next build week starts so as not to look like it is running late.

They made out that it is normal and acceptable for a car to be built within 2 weeks of the confirmed build week and for them to not consider that to be late.

They are a shambles - German efficiency? My ****!

DW58
21-08-2013, 08:36 AM
German efficiency is a myth - many visits have demonstttrated to me that they are probably less efficient than most, I'm not sure where the fairy tale originates.

Quality - yes, efficiency - no chance.

GTwebb
21-08-2013, 08:50 AM
GTWebb: i'm in exactly the same situation with my GTD. It was confirmed for build w/c 12th August. No news all last week and on the Saturday night it changed to "build in progress" My dealer rang me yesterday to tell me it hasn't even been started yet. Rang VW UK up who confirmed the same - they think it might start this coming weekend but didn't want to commit!

I suspect that as the tracker comes to the end of the week the car is supposed to be built, it just defaults to "build in progress" when the next build week starts so as not to look like it is running late.

They made out that it is normal and acceptable for a car to be built within 2 weeks of the confirmed build week and for them to not consider that to be late.

They are a shambles - German efficiency? My ****!

I was told by my dealer it would be built within my confirmed build week... sounds like that could have been misleading lol

Did you contact VW UK? ie head office ?

I can't wait any longer!!!!!! :)

Gerryf
21-08-2013, 10:44 AM
I remember the exact same malarkey when the MK 6 was launched.....took 4 months for my Mk6 to arrive.

I'm a very black and white man when it comes to being piddled about....if VW can't supply my car within 5 months....I'll cancel and get a Ford Focus Powershift......my Dealer will be annoyed but I don't give a stuff.

The waiting times for GTD's in particular are beyond a joke.....hope you're soon sitting in your GTD Maisbitt :)

GTwebb
21-08-2013, 11:28 AM
I remember the exact same malarkey when the MK 6 was launched.....took 4 months for my Mk6 to arrive.

I'm a very black and white man when it comes to being piddled about....if VW can't supply my car within 5 months....I'll cancel and get a Ford Focus Powershift......my Dealer will be annoyed but I don't give a stuff.

The waiting times for GTD's in particular are beyond a joke.....hope you're soon sitting in your GTD Maisbitt :)

Gerry my GT will have taken around 4 months from order. That's with no extras! I'm reasonably happy with that but the tracking process has been a tad confusing :(

Gerryf
21-08-2013, 12:01 PM
Hi Gt, I'm just sounding off really through frustration....I had planned a trip to Scotland in the newbie....I have a perfectly reliable car but I would of loved playing with all the Mk7 gadgetry on such a long journey.

In fairness to VW......I lost a month when I couldn't add a camera.....the Salesman binned my 1st order when it blocked adding anything else......he did tease me and tell me my original order had arrived at the garage bang on time.

maisbitt
21-08-2013, 12:30 PM
I was told by my dealer it would be built within my confirmed build week... sounds like that could have been misleading lol

Did you contact VW UK? ie head office ?

I can't wait any longer!!!!!! :)

Yes VW UK confirmed what the dealer told me - not started yet. There's a lad on another forum with a GTI also scheduled for BW33 who had been told by VW UK Executive office last Weds that his GTI had been built and was awaiting transport to Emden port. He rang them again this morning, expecting it to have left Wolfsburg supposedly a week after it had finished building, only to be told that like me, his car hasn’t yet been started! So they lied to him last week. Seems that the plant is at least 2 weeks behind currently – not sure when they expect to catch up if demand doesn’t drop. Order accepted by VW UK March 30th, likely delivery is now increasingly looking like end of September (I’m on holiday for 2 weeks on Sept 24th, so I probably won’t see it until my return.

maisbitt
21-08-2013, 12:32 PM
German efficiency is a myth - many visits have demonstttrated to me that they are probably less efficient than most, I'm not sure where the fairy tale originates.

The Brothers Grimm, perhaps?

DW58
21-08-2013, 01:10 PM
The Brothers Grimm, perhaps?

Very possibly - as rare as German punctuality, something else I've never seen in person.

DW58
21-08-2013, 03:00 PM
I'm getting more than a tad peed off with Volkswagen - I've just got an e-mail from my dealer confirming my build week as 40 (w/c 30th Sept) ... ... ... guess what, Volkswagen have taken the tracking site offline AGAIN, and even the link on the owner's page (http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners) doesn't work at present :zx11:

GTwebb
21-08-2013, 03:09 PM
I've just rang my dealer... they have no idea why my status is at being built stage still. Nor can they confirm my expected delivery any longer.. I have to call next week when they'll have a clearer picture... *** ?!?!

maisbitt
21-08-2013, 06:20 PM
I'm getting more than a tad peed off with Volkswagen - I've just got an e-mail from my dealer confirming my build week as 40 (w/c 30th Sept) ... ... ... guess what, Volkswagen have taken the tracking site offline AGAIN, and even the link on the owner's page (http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners) doesn't work at present :zx11:

Tracker working for me, although teh info contained therein is useless - my car is still currently "build in progress", which probably still means that it hasn't yet been touched.

DW58
21-08-2013, 07:45 PM
I can sympathise - I'm going to believe mine is ready when I see it in glorious Sunset Red sitting on Hawco's forecourt, but I'm not convinced it's going to be on 28th October as currently promised.

GTwebb
26-08-2013, 09:54 AM
Tracker still showing my car as being built.. what on earth is going on..?!?! :( Don't think the delivery week of next week is going to happen!

maisbitt
26-08-2013, 10:16 AM
Tracker still showing my car as being built.. what on earth is going on..?!?! :( Don't think the delivery week of next week is going to happen!

What build week are you GTWebb? My GTD is BW33 and we're now 2 days into in BW35 and it is still "build in progress", it defaulted into this status when BW33 ended.

GTwebb
26-08-2013, 10:26 AM
What build week are you GTWebb? My GTD is BW33 and we're now 2 days into in BW35 and it is still "build in progress", it defaulted into this status when BW33 ended.

33 my friend.. same as you. Something is amiss it seems.. my dealer initially thought the plant could be shut down for 2 weeks but then said that can't be the case as that happened a while back they said... Dealer only said 4 week ago it'd be a 1st week Sept collection for mine.. seems that won't be the case. I'm going to ring to find out what's going on tomorrow

DW58
26-08-2013, 11:55 AM
I'm beginning to think the tracking site is a total joke - my car is still showing as "With Factory" as it has done ever since the new site went up. It's supposed to be BW40 which is w/c 30/9/2013, it it ever going to confirm the Build Week?

GTwebb
26-08-2013, 01:02 PM
I'm beginning to think the tracking site is a total joke - my car is still showing as "With Factory" as it has done ever since the new site went up. It's supposed to be BW40 which is w/c 30/9/2013, it it ever going to confirm the Build Week?

Fingers crossed its broken and not up to date if you know what I mean ;)

DW58
26-08-2013, 01:50 PM
I was beginning to wonder - my build week (according to the dealer) is only five weeks off, getting rather concerned as the system clearly doesn't work.

mcmaddy
26-08-2013, 03:48 PM
it changes 4 weeks prior to your build week.

GTwebb
26-08-2013, 04:27 PM
it changes 4 weeks prior to your build week.

Yes I think mine was same.. although I think my GT is taking 4 weeks to build lol ;)

GTwebb
27-08-2013, 10:15 AM
Just rang the dealer... there is a 2 weeks delay at the factory with GT, SE and GTD models. Mine is looking like mid Sept pick up now... :(

DW58
27-08-2013, 10:36 AM
Now there's a surprise (not).

Has anyone any idea which Golf models are built at which plants - my current Mk.6 Match was built at the Mosel (Zwickau) factory, contrary to popular belief not all Golfs are built at Wolfsburg.

GTwebb
27-08-2013, 11:21 AM
Feels like mine is back of the queue :( lol

I can't cope with my terrible GAP car much longer :)

maisbitt
27-08-2013, 11:47 AM
Mine was finally built – BW33 car, started and completed in BW35 (Sunday/Monday), leaving the plant today, just in time to miss the only 2 ships that have been at Emden for a Tyne dock destination in the last 3 weeks. There isn’t another Emden>Tyne ship leaving as far as shipping tracking can forsee (can see to Sept 2nd on the relevant websites). Likely mid Sept pick-up for me: 24 or 25 week wait.

VW UK rep on phone said they’re working a skeleton staff right now as they’re coming to the end of a 6 week break – yes she said 6 weeks! Shutdown was 3 weeks (BW29-31 inclusive), don’t know where they get their facts from. Anyway, following the 6 weeks holiday comment, I asked if they had any jobs going there and how long they get off for Christmas!

DW58
27-08-2013, 12:07 PM
Some cars come to the UK from Eden on the round-robin route via Spain and Ireland so it may come on one of those as they call Sheerness -> Grimsby -> Tyne on the way back to Emden.

GTwebb
27-08-2013, 06:25 PM
Mine was finally built – BW33 car, started and completed in BW35 (Sunday/Monday), leaving the plant today, just in time to miss the only 2 ships that have been at Emden for a Tyne dock destination in the last 3 weeks. There isn’t another Emden>Tyne ship leaving as far as shipping tracking can forsee (can see to Sept 2nd on the relevant websites). Likely mid Sept pick-up for me: 24 or 25 week wait.

VW UK rep on phone said they’re working a skeleton staff right now as they’re coming to the end of a 6 week break – yes she said 6 weeks! Shutdown was 3 weeks (BW29-31 inclusive), don’t know where they get their facts from. Anyway, following the 6 weeks holiday comment, I asked if they had any jobs going there and how long they get off for Christmas!

Lol my word what a shambles.

Who did u contact for this info? I may give them a call as my dealer are very unclear

C5Clive
27-08-2013, 06:43 PM
My dealer has been really good with updates, so the info is available to them if they can be bothered to ask. The two week delay yours has mentioned sounds consistent with what mine has said. My car was originally due beginning of September, but it only arrived in Grimsby on Sunday evening so he reckons 10 days to two weeks for collection.

GolfFanBoy
27-08-2013, 06:56 PM
Just had an e-mail from my dealer a short time ago to say my car is now on the City Of Barcelona ship which departed Emden a short time ago. He even sent me a link where you can actually see the GPS position of the ship:-

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shipdetails.aspx?mmsi=233234000 (http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shipdetails.aspx?mmsi=233234000)

The car was originally meant to be built w/c 22nd July but I was told VW overcommitted themselves at the factory so it was delayed. My 5 door GT (2.0TDi) was ordered 1st of July so should be quite a quick turnaround. I didn't amend the base spec of the GT apart from the paint (deep black pearl) so that probably helped.

GTwebb
27-08-2013, 08:03 PM
Error

DW58
27-08-2013, 08:33 PM
Just had an e-mail from my dealer a short time ago to say my car is now on the City Of Barcelona ship which departed Emden a short time ago. He even sent me a link where you can actually see the GPS position of the ship:-

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shipdetails.aspx?mmsi=233234000 (http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shipdetails.aspx?mmsi=233234000)

The car was originally meant to be built w/c 22nd July but I was told VW overcommitted themselves at the factory so it was delayed. My 5 door GT (2.0TDi) was ordered 1st of July so should be quite a quick turnaround. I didn't amend the base spec of the GT apart from the paint (deep black pearl) so that probably helped.

Interesting, I didn't realise that the dealers had such good access - I have a good relationship with my salesman, I'm going to go in and see him later in the week.

GolfFanBoy
27-08-2013, 08:55 PM
Interesting, I didn't realise that the dealers had such good access - I have a good relationship with my salesman, I'm going to go in and see him later in the week.

Seems to be the best way, the online tracker is pretty useless as I think most people on here have found. I sent an e-mail to the dealer on Friday for an update as the tracker came back with status 'in transit' which is fine if you know when it got to that stage but prior to the website maintenance it was 'build week confirmed'. He was able to tell me that the car was sitting at the port of exit in Germany which was much more helpful. I'm promised an update on Thursday when the car should be in Newcastle and hopefully an estimate for when it's likely to reach them (VW Dundee).

GTwebb
27-08-2013, 09:14 PM
My dealer tells me s*d all.. I'm quite annoyed by it tbh.. just shows the difference in customer service from dealer to dealer. I'm annoyed with the delay as well.. It's pretty unacceptable by VW imo

DW58
27-08-2013, 10:42 PM
Seems to be the best way, the online tracker is pretty useless as I think most people on here have found. I sent an e-mail to the dealer on Friday for an update as the tracker came back with status 'in transit' which is fine if you know when it got to that stage but prior to the website maintenance it was 'build week confirmed'. He was able to tell me that the car was sitting at the port of exit in Germany which was much more helpful. I'm promised an update on Thursday when the car should be in Newcastle and hopefully an estimate for when it's likely to reach them (VW Dundee).

I'm going to pop in and have a chat with my salesman later in the week. So far he's been great - I'd really like to have access to the shipping into etc.

C5Clive
27-08-2013, 10:48 PM
Like Fanboy, mine was able to tell me that the car was at the port and the ship it was going onto, either our dealers are making it up, or the information is there for all of them. I suppose it could be that your salesman doesn't know it's available, or just CBA to find out, as with most workers not all salesmen are created equal ;).

I don't think there is much point in getting wound up by the delay to be honest. When you order the car the delivery date they give you will only ever be a 'best guess' as the dealers can't possibly know how many other Golfs are being ordered at around that time. As someone posted earlier in the thread, demand has been outstripping supply for the new model, no surprise really when you consider it's the most successful small hatch of all time and World Car of the Year to boot, tbh I'm pleasantly surprised mine has only taken 2 weeks longer than forecast to arrive (touch wood :nervous:)

microwork
27-08-2013, 11:17 PM
I just got a nice email from my dealer today telling me that my car is arriving at Dealer either tomorrow or Thursday! ya! I am going to hang of collection until next week - probably Wednesday(only real day I get off work). Also no point in collecting at end of August. I think the next week is going to drag...

GTwebb
28-08-2013, 08:03 AM
Like Fanboy, mine was able to tell me that the car was at the port and the ship it was going onto, either our dealers are making it up, or the information is there for all of them. I suppose it could be that your salesman doesn't know it's available, or just CBA to find out, as with most workers not all salesmen are created equal ;).

I don't think there is much point in getting wound up by the delay to be honest. When you order the car the delivery date they give you will only ever be a 'best guess' as the dealers can't possibly know how many other Golfs are being ordered at around that time. As someone posted earlier in the thread, demand has been outstripping supply for the new model, no surprise really when you consider it's the most successful small hatch of all time and World Car of the Year to boot, tbh I'm pleasantly surprised mine has only taken 2 weeks longer than forecast to arrive (touch wood :nervous:)

Yes fair points C5Clive. Bit of last min frustration for me - had built my self up for a pick up of next week following prev conversations with the dealer.. ney mind it'll soon be here.. suppose it could be worse - I originally ordered an A3 but waiting time was 7 months :) which put it to Feb 14!!

GTwebb
31-08-2013, 10:30 AM
Tracker finally changed yesterday to in transit 3 weeks from my conf BW. Anyone know how u can track the transit/delivery? It's looking like 3rd week in sept pick up at the moment

Gerryf
31-08-2013, 10:46 AM
Exciting times GT :)

You can track Ship's etc. but in honestly you'll be none the wiser.

GTwebb
31-08-2013, 12:35 PM
Exciting times GT :)

You can track Ship's etc. but in honestly you'll be none the wiser.

Lol ok thanks for the advice Gerry. I shall wait in anticipation ;)

GolfFanBoy
31-08-2013, 01:27 PM
Speak to your dealer as mine was able to tell me when the car was still at the port in Germany. Once the car is on the boat they should be able to tell you which one and then you can track it on marinetraffic.com

My GT arrived in Newcastle on Wednesday afternoon but the tracker didn't change status until yesterday. It should be with the dealer next week for its PDI so can't be long now :banana:

Gerryf
31-08-2013, 02:02 PM
It's the only way really....I see lots of folk getting upset and irate over delivery on a well known GTI Forum....some of 'em have even cancelled.....VW keep changing the goalposts re-delivery.....can't say I blame 'em when some of them had their week build pushed back on several occasions.

Gerryf
31-08-2013, 02:03 PM
Happy dreaming GolfFanBoy :)