PDA

View Full Version : After Market Alloys

Dieseldoos
10-08-2013, 02:22 PM
Its slowly creeping to the time of new tyres for the fronts, and the rears wont be far behind. So for the price of 4 new mid range tyres I am pondering buying some after market alloys and mid range tyres, partly as all four of my wheels could do with a bit of tidying from kerbing!

Any good alloy companys? I have looked on ebay but some of the ads say they fit A4 B8s, TTs, etc but I am sure I read that the bore is different?

Brycie
10-08-2013, 04:55 PM
I was pointed in the direction of Auto Alloys in Northern Ireland recently when I was considering doing exactly the same thing. The quality of replica wheels was what made me think twice as lots of them are cheap Chinese tat. There's a thread I started recently all about it & some links to Auto Alloys website that I'll try & find for you.

Brycie
10-08-2013, 04:57 PM
Here it is:

The cost of lowering a car? (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?148670-The-cost-of-lowering-a-car)

A lot of the conversation initially is about ride height/lowering. It turns to alloys at post 60/page 6 though. My findings were that Inovit & GSW Italy were the most 'certified & approved' ones I could find as they have TUV Approval (what alloy wheels need to be in order to be sold in Germany & a couple of other EU countries. Those findings were as a result of research into companies which produced rotor style alloys however, I wasn't looking at aftermarket alloy companies like OZ & BBS etc. I believe Audi use Ronal & OZ to provide their factody fitted wheels, possibly among others.

One wheel sales place quoted these wheels as TUV Approved manufacturers: ATS, AEZ, BBS, OZ, Borbet, Antera, Alutec, Momo, RH Anurad etc.

Hope it helps.

Dieseldoos
11-08-2013, 09:35 AM
Thanks for that Brycie, the next problem is deciding what will look ok on the car! I am staying with the 18" size, but even in that size, there is alot to choose that are TUV approved!

Hmmm, maybe just change all 4 tyres and get them re-furbished!

Brycie
11-08-2013, 10:35 AM
If you go into Auto Alloys & click on Gallery, then choose A4 08→, it'll let you see actual photos of different wheels on your model, not some naff cartoon-like configurator.

Fulty74
13-08-2013, 12:09 PM
I went to Auto Alloys and got a full set of Replica 19' Rotor alloys and tyres for considerably less than a set of branded tyres, my b8 Tdi Quattro will never be on a track, it's never driven hard and I don't test the brakes at every set of lights, the original 19' RS4 factory alloys are in the garage to be returned in the winter when the roads in Northern Ireland will hopefully be heavily salted. The OEM alloys were in a poor enough state after 4 years and 48k and by that I don't mean kerbed, to me they're not the best quality wise and I'm reading about lacquer peeling on the OEM Rotors, 1 rim and P Zero would probably cost in region of £700 from Audi, the maths is simple for me. The service from Paul at Auto Alloys was 2nd to none.

theskyfox
13-08-2013, 01:09 PM
Its slowly creeping to the time of new tyres for the fronts, and the rears wont be far behind. So for the price of 4 new mid range tyres I am pondering buying some after market alloys and mid range tyres, partly as all four of my wheels could do with a bit of tidying from kerbing!

Any good alloy companys? I have looked on ebay but some of the ads say they fit A4 B8s, TTs, etc but I am sure I read that the bore is different?

Rochford Tyres in Essex are very good. I used them on my old car, bought a set of RS6 style alloys including tyres for £600. (This was a few years ago though, and VAT was just 15%). They do delivery too I believe and they are wholesalers so you benefit from their bulk-buying. Can be found at:

Alloy Wheels - AlloyWheels.COM | Buy Alloy Wheels (http://www.alloywheels.com/)

-Andrew

Dieseldoos
13-08-2013, 04:16 PM
I forgot about Roachford tyres! I brought a set of wheels and tyres of them a good few years back for my Calibra and was happy.

I have got my eye on a set at Auto Alloys, but will check Roachford now I know they are still going.

The final decision is with head of finance (aka her in doors!)

Dieseldoos
14-08-2013, 12:11 PM
Head of finance has agreed! So I have placed an order with Auto Alloys this morning. I have kept the same size tyre, but after pondering over a few with the misses, I (well we) have ended up going for the replica RS6 phase 2 style.

I will upload a pic when they come and I get them on, but they should look something like this...

That also gives me an opportunity to end up getting the S-Line 5 spokes refurbished at a later date as well.

Brycie
14-08-2013, 12:16 PM
Very nice!

Dieseldoos
21-08-2013, 05:47 PM
Here they are fitted.

http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q775/Dieseldoos1/d2e4e389cbb02b7be3b875d819d5fef6_zps1ff461c9.jpg

http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q775/Dieseldoos1/e63782e097e1630ee237fe5df281581e_zpsb4f73b3e.jpg

Guest 2
21-08-2013, 05:48 PM
Looks good!

I'd get the OEM centre cap tho, but thats just me :)

Dieseldoos
21-08-2013, 05:57 PM
The centre caps are on my next to do list, (I have just stuck some cheap ebay centre badges on for now, But they are not staying!) followed by a new front grill.

And I would defo recommend autoalloys.com

Guest 2
21-08-2013, 06:05 PM
They're only down the road from me, I think you're only the second person on here to buy wheels from them.

What tyres did they put on the rims? Or did you source them yourself?

Send them a pic and it'll appear on their site at some stage ;)

hsmithboy30
21-08-2013, 06:13 PM
looks great im after the same wheels for my s line (your car is the same colour as mine as well which is a bonus :D). have you used the standard 245/40/R18s that came on the s line?
thanks

Dieseldoos
21-08-2013, 06:23 PM
The wheel and tyre size I kept the same, so yes 245/40/18. The they were fitted with Triangle tyres, but they seem ok, and I do not hoon around. ( And I was trying to keep to a budget as we are about to get a new bathroom fitted as well!).

I will probs be getting the tyres swapped onto my other alloys, once they are refurbed, and getting Michelin Pilots fitted to these.

Phil K
24-08-2013, 07:29 PM
Looks great! Have you considered spacers to bring them out and fill the arches better? 10mm front and 15mm rear make a whole world of difference :)

Dieseldoos
24-08-2013, 07:49 PM
Funny enough since Ive put them on I have been thinking the same!