PDA

View Full Version : Auto lights

shudman
03-09-2007, 12:41 AM
Most of the time, the auto lights work wonderfully - what a great invention !

However, every now and again, they are on in broad daylight, and I cannot figure what is causing it. The windscreen IS clean around the sensor, before anyone asks. It doesn't seem to be consistent either - maybe it is just a dicky sensor ?
I can go under a bridge, and they will come on, 10 secs after the bridge, they go off (same bridge, same time every morning). Sometimes, they will not turn off.
I may be driving down the motorway brilliant sunshine, and I see the satnav change from day colours to night colours....light are on :zx11:

I don't think there is anything for sensitivity in the MFD, is there ?

MAC
06-09-2007, 05:21 PM
Shudman,

I too have noticed this happening with my auto light setting. However, it only usually happens with mine in really bright sunshine, either early in a morning or late evening when the sun is low in the sky. I have tried switching the lights off then on then back to auto when it does this, but they come back on when switched to auto. Other times the system works perfectly OK.

Mark.

Slimbarry
06-09-2007, 07:48 PM
Do you leave the switch in the the auto position all the time, even when you leave the car?

I came back to a flat battery after not using the car for two days, and that is the only thing that was 'on'. I haven't tried it since but I haven't had a flat battery since....

MAC
06-09-2007, 08:03 PM
Yes, I leave it on auto all the time. I left my car for 2 weeks whilst on holiday this year, and there was no detriment to the battery. Even the interior lights switch themselves off a little while after locking the car, even if they have been manually switched on. I can only suggest that you possibly had a fault that caused a drain on the battery?

Mark

Slimbarry
06-09-2007, 08:09 PM
Cheers,

I guess it will remain a mystery until it happens again...

Slimbarry