PDA

View Full Version : hidden menu problem

Sparky_143
08-08-2013, 10:48 PM
hi all
trying to activate the hidden menu but running into problems with vcds
07- control head and 5f- information electr. both come back with 'no response from controller'
now i know if the controller isnt actually installed in the car then it will say this message but 1 of them should be there, shouldn't it?
any help guys would be great, where is each controller located? how do i check it said controller is kaput!
cheers

eob
09-08-2013, 12:40 AM
I think you are in the same boat as me.
I assume you have the Concert radio with the buttons up on the dash and not down by the gearstick?
I think this is what they call MMI 2G Low, it seems to be only the 2G High and 3G which the hidden menu can be enabled on.
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

c.grex
09-08-2013, 04:42 AM
I think you are in the same boat as me.
I assume you have the Concert radio with the buttons up on the dash and not down by the gearstick?
I think this is what they call MMI 2G Low, it seems to be only the 2G High and 3G which the hidden menu can be enabled on.
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Yep. most people will say MMI is when you have controls next to the gear stick / hand break. If you have controls up next to the radio, this known as non-MMI, just concert radio in most cases (like me too) If you only have a radio, there is no hidden menu!

Guest 2
09-08-2013, 06:33 AM
As above, if you just have a Chorus/Concert/Symphony then you won't have a control head or 5f.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plife
09-08-2013, 09:55 AM
There are still a few things that you can get to show up in the menu though :) Battery meter, lighting control for example.

Sparky_143
09-08-2013, 11:01 AM
There are still a few things that you can get to show up in the menu though :) Battery meter, lighting control for example.
Thanks for all the replies.
How do I get the battery meter with out using the hidden menu
i have managed to get the back ground lighting option up but it greyed out.
Cheers

Plife
09-08-2013, 02:41 PM
Thanks for all the replies.
How do I get the battery meter with out using the hidden menu
i have managed to get the back ground lighting option up but it greyed out.
Cheers
For the background lighting it is a 2 stage process (I expect you have done the 2nd part but not the 1st)

Step One: Enable Ambiance Lighting.
[09 – Cent. Elect.]
[Coding - 07] -> Long Coding Helper -> Byte 16 Bit 6 - Set this bit manually to “1” - (1 = active)

Step Two: Enabling the MMI Menu
MMI Basic (Symphony/Concert radio) - (NON-MMI - 2G/3G):
Code:
[56 - Radio]
[Coding - 07] -> Long Coding Helper -> Byte 8 Bit 7 - Interior Light Settings active - (1 = active)

For the Battery Meter [56 - Radio] -> Adaption -> Channel 39, add 16 to your value

Hope this helps :biglaugh:

Sparky_143
09-08-2013, 07:15 PM
For the background lighting it is a 2 stage process (I expect you have done the 2nd part but not the 1st)

Step One: Enable Ambiance Lighting.
[09 – Cent. Elect.]
[Coding - 07] -> Long Coding Helper -> Byte 16 Bit 6 - Set this bit manually to “1” - (1 = active)

Step Two: Enabling the MMI Menu
MMI Basic (Symphony/Concert radio) - (NON-MMI - 2G/3G):
Code:
[56 - Radio]
[Coding - 07] -> Long Coding Helper -> Byte 8 Bit 7 - Interior Light Settings active - (1 = active)

For the Battery Meter [56 - Radio] -> Adaption -> Channel 39, add 16 to your value

Hope this helps :biglaugh:
Thanks mate they worked a treat
quick question though, what is background lighting? It doesnt seem to to adjust anything from dark to brigh, sorry for the really dumb question.
i just assumed if something could be activate, I would have what it adjusts
cheers
john

Zenerdiode
09-08-2013, 09:17 PM
...what is background lighting?

White LEDs that illuminate the footwell areas. :)

Sparky_143
09-08-2013, 09:28 PM
White LEDs that illuminate the footwell areas. :)
THanks
do all b8's come with the LEDs installed?
like I said above, thanks to help, the option has been activated. But no lights seem to operate with this. Do they only work in certain conditions? Ie at night?
arae hey easy to look for? If they aren't there, can they be retro fitted?
sorry for all the questuons
cheers

Guest 2
09-08-2013, 09:29 PM
The interior light pack was an optional extra, you B8 people don't even get a glovebox light if you don't have this pack.

Sparky_143
09-08-2013, 09:35 PM
The interior light pack was an optional extra, you B8 people don't even get a glovebox light if you don't have this pack.
Are these lights easy retro fits?

Sparky_143
10-08-2013, 10:26 PM
Bump!

saxonblue
08-11-2015, 04:19 PM
Hi all, so I am tiring to sort out the foot well lighting on my A5, its got a symphony set up with no nav,I done all the coding and stuff like that, but keep getting a message saying "this appears to be an uninitiated control module, valid WSC/Importer/equipment data may be required
click yes for vcds to use default values of 12345/123/12345
click no to try the values currently in the module
click cancel to go back and manually edit the values ???? ermmmmm HELP PLASE, iv tryd the yes button, and it has done nothing, also the no button with the same outcome?