PDA

View Full Version : I pad 4 10" or samsung note 10"

rhencullen1989
08-08-2013, 12:27 PM
Hi, as heading, i am looking to buy a tablet, was looking at the Google Nexus as has very good reviews, but screen is too small at 7", although i believe they do a 10" version.

Anyway, went to John Lewis and saw the I Pad with retina display, really great looking tablet and excellent screen, also saw the Samsung 10" Note which was just as good. Price wise the Samsung was 349 and the IPad was 399, both 16G and no 3G.

Please let me hear your views, thanks.........

invisiblekid75
13-08-2013, 01:29 PM
It depends on what you are going to use it for. If it's just browsing/facebook the odd game you can't really go wrong with anything you've mentioned.

I have a couple of iPads inc retina version and for my personal use wouldn't buy anything else. Got my step-daughter a Nexus 7 as all she uses it for is the odd bit of gaming and facebook so it's great for that.

The new N7 is by all accounts is excellent but is too small for you and not heard much about a new N10 (their 10" version)

While of course many good games etc are on both Apple and Android, I just find getting stuff and the experience of the iPad and iTunes far superior. I did have an iPhone and moved to a Nexus 4 and find it less......polished.

The build quality of the iPad is unsurpassed and at least you know you'll get any FW updates which you won't get if you have a Note.

The screen on the retina iPad is just fantastic tho I've not seen much of Samsungs Note

But the biggest thing that for me counts against the Note and any other Android device is all the cack Samsung adds to the Android OS. I'd never buy anything but a raw Android device from Google. It's cleaner, quicker and get all the updates Google push out.

One final good thing about Android tablets and that's their ability to play just about anything you throw at them. FLAC, AVI, MKV anything. It's a nice thing to have. You can also tinker more with Android more that an unjailbroken iPad. However while you can do that and get apps from Google Play that integrate with the OS much deeper than developers are allowed to do for Apple, it's rare that I personally need them to do that.

But despite the good stuff I have a much smoother/better experiance on my iPad

rhencullen1989
16-08-2013, 09:13 PM
Hi, thanks for the reply, went to John Lewis yesterday and picked up the new I pad 4 retina display, it's much better built than the Samsung and came with 3 years guarantee. We also opted for the 32g memory to make it a bit more future proof, in black, as in my opinion white looks a lot more plasticky.

hejikibob
18-08-2013, 09:50 PM
I know it's a bit late but I'm looking at swapping my laptop for a tablet (I have a desktop for anything proper). The Sony Xperia tablet is highly rated with a hi res screen
Buy SONY Xperia Tablet Z 10.1” Full HD WiFi Tablet - 16 GB | Free Delivery | Currys (http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/ipad-tablets-and-ereaders/tablets/sony-xperia-tablet-z-10-1-full-hd-wifi-tablet-16-gb-21313382-pdt.html)
This is what I am seriously tempted to get.