PDA

View Full Version : Important JCB VW Ashford Kent - DONT ALWAYS TRUST A MAIN DEALER - AIR CON... CON

03sharanman
07-08-2013, 06:02 PM
The air con on our VW Sharan was not running right, was not getting cold enough. I was at work so got my wife to go to JCB VW Ashford Kent to get an air con top up. Prior to going she had negotiated it down to £50. After leaving it with them they said they had tried to gas it twice but it was not holding any gas and each time they gassed it it just leaked out and it would require further investigation, filling with another gas to find the leak, repair of the leak and then regassing again, £100's of work basically. She paid the £50 and left. Now I did not believe for one moment that the car had any leak. So I went to Halfords and bought one of their ez air con gas bottles and the optional gauge

Now, when I connected the gauge it showed the system pressurized and in the green zone (strange as the main dealer said it was losing all the gas immediately on filling and they had refilled it twice - how come 3 days after they did that it was in the green zone). I gave the ez air con gas bottle about 40 second shot of air con gas into my system and guess what it works fine, its freezing cold, holding the pressure for days now and ice cold. It has remained freezing cold since I topped it up. When JCB VW returned the vehicle when they the professionals gassed it did not work and now amateur me did it with a diy kit it works fine.

So my suggestion is, sometimes it is better to try something yourself than rely on the so called main dealer professionals.

bmwdumptruck
30-01-2014, 01:59 AM
So after a few months are things still ok? Might be tempted to do the same with mine if so.